GDT: 2024-25 season game 4 LA Kings vs Toronto Maple Leafs @4:30pm 10/16/24

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
This man2man defensive play is not gonna work with this depleted lineup! I saw that type of play when Laviolette was coaching the Caps. Kings need to switch to some zone coverage, while the Center stays responsible of the middle.

With Turcotte's skill set, he should not be playing 4th line.
Our blue line is very f***ing bad. We don’t have the horses!

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Clarke, Turcotte and Lee. Maybe should call up more Reign. And play Akil tomorrow.
IMG_0766.png

Last edited:

Herby

Thank You, Team 144
Feb 27, 2002
Wisconsin
This man2man defensive play is not gonna work with this depleted lineup! I saw that type of play when Laviolette was coaching the Caps. Kings need to switch to some zone coverage, while the Center stays responsible of the middle.

He's playing well in that role, he's looking like he actually could be an effective NHL center, where as most people had him pegged as a winger after all the injuries. Let him keep excelling as a C and don't move him to wing.

Unless you think the Kings should move QB back to wing and have Turcotte play 3C. I don't think the Kings are making any changes to the centers any time soon. It would be an another admission of defeat for BLuc if Byfield is moved back to winger.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Jeannot and Foegle look completely irrelevant. That's 2 of our 3 main offseason acquisitions.
We don't know for sure. A better or different coach from Hiller, and those 2 might fit. The bigger issue is Blake just keeps getting outside players hoping they fit and make him look good. Blake/Hiller are nowhere near on the same page, and Hiller is not head coach material. He did a decent filler job last season, but I never thought he was any kind of coaching solution.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

He has to earn his stripes. If he is able to play on the fourth line, score 20 goals, learn how to fight, prove he can make a high glove save, stitch his own nameplate on his jersey, and walk Blake's dog then I can see him in the discussion for the 3rd line.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Couple of bounces & we were right there!

Turcotte & Fiala score!!! That was nice. PK looked better. They actually went to the net in the second. Solid bounce back game.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Looked at highlights of Rittich just now on the goals against him, from his body language he didn't look sharp enough. 1st goal, he was too aggressive, 2nd goal he didn't come out on top of the crease to challenge Matthews shot(there were no pass to threats from either side of him), 3rd goal I thought he could have challenge a bit. Overall, he didn't play with much confidence(it appeared to me he had some bad reads of the play) like he was doing in preseason. Copley's 2 goals, his own player deflected it past him and Tavares was left alone to redirect/backhand the puck past Copley's glove-side. Copley looked cool/collective and actually made some early good saves when he came in the game. I would have some serious consideration starting Copley tomorrow.

He's playing well in that role, he's looking like he actually could be an effective NHL center, where as most people had him pegged as a winger after all the injuries. Let him keep excelling as a C and don't move him to wing.

Unless you think the Kings should move QB back to wing and have Turcotte play 3C. I don't think the Kings are making any changes to the centers any time soon. It would be an another admission of defeat for BLuc if Byfield is moved back to winger.
Absolutely not, you move Byfield back to wing!

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
I hope QB didn't break a finger. I guess we'll know during warmups tomorrow in MTL.
They probably won't talk about it, knowing the Kings.

Going to be a strange yr and probably see a few 1 in 10,000 things....like Jacob Ingham playing an NHL game, before Portillo....or Copley taking over #1 again. And lesser things, 1 in 100. Helenius ending up 4C by November. Or signing Shattenkirk. (please no) Or claiming a waiver wire. Would add a 1 in 100 signing Conmy at end of his season and he gets NHL games, if Kings are out. Kirsanov, Salin outside chances.

But surely, a stupid panic trade by November, is 1 in 2.

Last edited:

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
The more games they lose, the faster we get rid of Blake and Co.

Stay positive.
Exactly. They're a fringe playoff , first round exit team anyway. Might as well get these clowns out of the front office so someone else can take over. Whoever the unfortunate bastard is, they'll have a nasty mess to cleanup.

Herby

Thank You, Team 144
Feb 27, 2002
Wisconsin
Exactly. They're a fringe playoff , first round exit team anyway. Might as well get these clowns out of the front office so someone else can take over. Whoever the unfortunate bastard is, they'll have a nasty mess to cleanup.

The Kings are standing pat for a 4th straight year with their 94-105 point two-pair and just hoping the other teams below them (the developing teams) miss their 100-110 draws (youth doesn't develop quick). The Kings could easily finish ahead of alot of those teams. Ofcourse Bluc are oblivious to the fact that the Oilers are also in the division, and again have a full-house vs the Kings two-pair.

I doubt AEG makes any in-season changes, and instead just let Blake's contract expire. Although I do worry what the Kings might do either at the deadline if they are in a playoff spot or in the event things were to spiral out of control early in the year and they were desperate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Herby

Thank You, Team 144
Feb 27, 2002
Wisconsin
Absolutely not, you move Byfield back to wing!

If you have Byfield back at wing, you are getting close to just punting on him being a center, and I don't think they are ready to do that. They already delayed the hell out of making him a center, I don't think they can do another year, even if it's the right move in the immediate. It's an admission of guilt and means you have nothing resembling a franchise center out of four consecutive center picks, including two in the top 5. It also probably would be pretty gutting for QB's confidence. You can tell from his quotes that he wants to play C.

Byfield has looked worse at center than he did last year at wing, I think the Kings knew this was likely to be the case for the start of the season and aren't to concerned.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad