GDT: 2024-25 season game 3 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @10:00am (Again) 10/14/24

The game was in Canada. It was Thanksgiving Day for them.

It was 1pm over there.

I know the time difference but didn't know it was a Canadian holiday too. That said, I'm pretty sure they've played day games on other holidays if not Columbus/Indigenous day. I want to say MLK day they've done it too. Although more people get that day off I think. Either way I was just complaining for the sake of it. Generally speaking, I don't like day games and I think I'm not alone on that. That's all I was trying to say.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Yep, have you read Doug MacLean's book? Forget the name of it, picked it up the other week, he talks about scouting/drafting, and his time and what he's seen etc, really interesting behind the scenes etc, talks about how he messed up with Zherdev etc.
I will check this out. When I was a kid Doug lived in the area and would come out to the rink and skate with us. He was the nicest guy and his whole family was very nice.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I know the time difference but didn't know it was a Canadian holiday too. That said, I'm pretty sure they've played day games on other holidays if not Columbus/Indigenous day. I want to say MLK day they've done it too. Although more people get that day off I think. Either way I was just complaining for the sake of it. Generally speaking, I don't like day games and I think I'm not alone on that. That's all I was trying to say.
I think games start too late. 7:30PM local time is ridiculous.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I will check this out. When I was a kid Doug lived in the area and would come out to the rink and skate with us. He was the nicest guy and his whole family was very nice.

It's a good read, I can't get my hands on enough of the "behind the scenes" stuff like this, but this one in particular puts the lens on GMS and their staff, at least on his etc, he is making assumptions that most front offices work the way his did etc.

Reactions: Schmooley

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I think games start too late. 7:30PM local time is ridiculous.

A lot less ridiculous than 1:30 AM and 1 AM, though, I'd say, which are the next two puckdrop times in Toronto and Montreal. (Thank heavens for NHL.tv and its "delayed live" mode for breakfast as usual.)

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
also worth noting is that scouting is an advisory department along with development, analytics etc

Ultimately decisions are made by the front office
Absolutely…. But you’d like to think the information they provide carries some weight and value. Don’t get me wrong I’m over the whole PLD thing but it’s not as if it wasn’t predictable. Either the pro scouting said ‘PLD is great’ and supported the trade or they didn’t and the trade happened anyway. Either way there’s an issue somewhere there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad