GDT: 2024-25 season game 2 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @10:00am 10/12/24

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Clarke looked like Doughty out there in 3v3. Awful.

Resorting to playing 3 forwards to avoid playing Spence wasn’t on my bingo card.
I was really confused by Spence's usage (or lack thereof), especially in OT, especially because I thought Clarke was pretty brutal all game.

I get giving the kid a shot, but Spence is arguably your highest IQ offensive dman in the lineup. Gavrikov is out there over him?

I hope the Kings staff realizes how bad the PP looked today too. Not sure what they are doing having Byfield on the 2nd unit. I'd put Spence & QB on the top unit . Danault seemed to kill anything PP#2 had going

Reactions: AbsentMojo

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
There’s only been a few players. I’ve been impressed with so far. Turcotte is one.

Has Foegele done anything?

Clarke looks like he needs the training wheels put back in.

We have 3 of 4 points on the road. Have to play better to keep grabbing points. Way to many give aways and brain farts.

Lewis needs a game off

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Yeah Clarke really struggled out there. Wondering if its a fitness issue with him because he looked gassed. But also the lack of Spence in OT with Hiller opting for 3 forwards is telling.

Overall a better game than the Buffalo game, but still got the loss. Weird how it works out that way.

Think its pretty obvious some players are struggling early on. Guys like Spence, Clarke, Fiala, Lewis, Foegele.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Spence and Clarke responsible for the two goals against. I’ll take it, letting them play is still preferable to having them down or out of the lineup. They should’ve been getting these reps and making these mistakes 2 years ago.

This is the Kings though so Jones and Englund will check in on RD next game.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There’s only been a few players. I’ve been impressed with so far. Turcotte is one.

Has Foegele done anything?

Clarke looks like he needs the training wheels put back in.

We have 3 of 4 points on the road. Have to play better to keep grabbing points. Way to many give aways and brain farts.

Lewis needs a game off

Turcotte has been excellent.
Lee has been good relative to role.
Laf is learning on the job but he's playing honest.

Lotta guys still finding their feet/timing, including Kempe, Fiala (typically a slow starter year after year), Moore.

none of the defensemen are really 'on' right now. Gavrikov has been the best of the bunch. Spence having growing pains for sure. The rest have been shades of meh to hammered dog shit. Today was the worst game Clarke has played as a pro.

Happy to have Kuemper. need to give him more than 1 goal.

the 3v3 and PP hijinks are just that imo, early season problem solving. The process is there.

The expected youthful growing pains are very visible. You have to take the honey with the medicine.

Hate losing but good to get a point on a 10am start with ice that makes staples center look like the olympic figure skating sheet.

Need to get some goals from someone not named Kopitar, that's 120 minutes of hockey and Moore has the only goal outside of Anze and it came immediately after the PP.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
After thinking about it. I’d like to pile on Clarke, but he probably never had a sniff of practicing the three on three until after Doughty went down. We knew it would be growing pains with him. Let’s just hope that he can adopt and overcome in a hurry. This early into the season some good practices would probably be in order.

Reactions: Trash Panda

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Spence and Clarke responsible for the two goals against. I’ll take it, letting them play is still preferable to having them down or out of the lineup. They should’ve been getting these reps and making these mistakes 2 years ago.

This is the Kings though so Jones and Englund will check in on RD next game.

If they're smart they'll keep in the guys that are trying to make plays rather than the guys trying their best to not play hockey

Going for it as such in 3v3 shows me a huge change in philosophy and I dig it even if it was a clown fiesta

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
*Clamors for youth to get a chance to play.

*Demands youth be benched after a rough game.
yeah because being benched for one game is awful for a players development when they shit the bed bad. Giving a player the chance to reset is awful.

High IQ comment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad