San Diego

Attachments

• laff-stick-lift-sabers-2024-oct.gif
    laff-stick-lift-sabers-2024-oct.gif
    29.1 MB · Views: 1

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
That Edmundson cross check was a thing of beauty, not because Zucker got dinged by it, but because we haven’t had anyone willing to do that in FOREVER.

Broadcast showed the Kings being 3-15-1 in Buffalo before tonight’s win. Can we just stop going there? Glad to get the W.

Indeed

He needs to drink at least 5 Jolt colas before the Boston game
Do they still make Jolt?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Just finished watching. Holy shit. They were awful. Hopefully just a typical visit to Buffalo except the goalie bailed them out. Fun to steal one.

Turcotte looked good. Without seeing the play live, I knew Edmundson must have cross checked Zucker and then the replay confirmed it. Classic.

Burroughs is Phil Sykes.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
A Kopitar hatty on opening night , in Buffalo of all places wasn't on my bingo card tonight. Not a pretty game vs a team on their 3rd game, so just take the points and run.

Reactions: mysterman2

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Just finished watching. Holy shit. They were awful. Hopefully just a typical visit to Buffalo except the goalie bailed them out. Fun to steal one.

Turcotte looked good. Without seeing the play live, I knew Edmundson must have cross checked Zucker and then the replay confirmed it. Classic.

Burroughs is Phil Sykes.
Sycho Sykes!

Reactions: BigKing

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kings must be better though. I’m glad they won but they shouldn’t have been as out classed as they were for the most of the game. Cool to see the old man get a hatty but it will be much cooler to see Byfield or some other younger player start muscling out the wins.

That Edmundson cross check was a thing of beauty, not because Zucker got dinged by it, but because we haven’t had anyone willing to do that in FOREVER.

Broadcast showed the Kings being 3-15-1 in Buffalo before tonight’s win. Can we just stop going there? Glad to get the W.

Do they still make Jolt?

There have been some very high scoring games between the two. I distinctly remember a 10-1 ass kicking in Andy Murray's last year as Head Coach and Jonathan Quick's first game (and win) which was 8-2 in 2007. I was at the latter. I'll never forget that game because I was there sitting 15 rows behind the Kings net. Also, my coworker who was alumni from Colorado College had gotten us free tickets and a meet and greet with Tom Preissing after the game. He as apparently Colorado College alumni. Following me giving Tom an earful about Marc Crawford to his girlfriend's delight, the bouncer at the Lexus Club asked us if we wanted to go in there so we did. There were a lot of Kings players there including Jonathan Quick and John Zeiler who were off in the corner by themselves sippin on some bud lights.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I wouldn’t care about divisional matches if the playoffs aren’t… division based. If your complaint is “oh my god the sharks and ducks suck” then I think you should be complaining about the playoff format. Back 10 years ago the Ducks and Sharks had stellar teams with great players that was always chippy. How quickly do we forget?
The complaint is missing out on seeing great teams and great players because *maybe* the Kings have a rivalry with a division team that is actually played like a rivalry. I don't want to watch Seattle two more times at the expense of Boston and Florida.

Talking about hockey from ten years ago when discussing rivalries and tough hockey is pointless because that era is mostly gone and it is generally only certain teams that bring that old mindset to every game they play, like the aforementioned Bruins and Panthers. But to your point, the Kings weren't soft back then so they could have a chippy game with anyone, plus other teams got up for them since they were a top team in the league. For years now, the Kings have been happy to just play a low-hitting, no fighting, low event type of game. Get in, get out, cash that check.

If the Kings played the style of hockey we would like to see, their games against Carolina would still be fun. In the end, it is the Kings that are the problem when it comes to rivalry type hockey since they have been the softest team in the league for years now, hence Blake finally adding some beef to the team.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Kings must be better though. I’m glad they won but they shouldn’t have been as out classed as they were for the most of the game. Cool to see the old man get a hatty but it will be much cooler to see Byfield or some other younger player start muscling out the wins.
Hoping it is just a bit of growing pains and getting familiar with one another because it looked sloppier than the end of the Cal Petersen era without the scoring chances for the Kings to try and offset it.

No surprise though with this current blueline. Clarke is going to have a lot of yikes moments as he continues to get his feet under him. Burroughs isn't good and Edmundson isn't fantastic either. I'm looking forward to Clarke getting more opportunity with Doughty out, but his loss is a major blow to this teams current prospects of winning, which were dubious prospects at best even with him in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad