Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Darcy , despite having a girl's name , was a total Chad

images

Name toughens you up

Same as Robyn regehr

If my parents named me Kate I’d eat f***ing rocks in front of people and fight everything

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
First 10-15 games of the nhl season are always a shit show so not going to read too much into it.

The systems and reads were awful—the effort and grit was not. That’s a turnaround from last season and the biggest one hoped for.

Pretty telling that the team on game three looked well oiled in the first two periods while the kings were trying to figure it out. Advantage Kings once they had their legs under them and the jetlagged team slowed.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Something tells me that Kopitar guy is worth the $7M we signed him for...

Awesome win, Kopitar got to show off in front of Brownie and Kuemper is off to a really good start. Gotta stay out of the box, iron out the power play, and clean up some of the sloppy play and build better chemistry with smarter plays; but it is only one game and something to build on!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It was one of those games where you can't expect to win if you keep playing that way all the time, but good teams find ways to win even when you don't play well.

Kuemper kept the Kings in it long enough for the skaters to do the rest.

Kopitar's minutes were managed, and incidentally, all three of his goals were assisted by six different people.

But they'll need to get more ice time for the fourth line eventually.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I missed the first period, so pardon my enthusiasm, but there was a lot to like out there. Turcotte, Edmundson, Lee, Laferriere and Spence stood out to me. Kopitar obviously with the goals, but he and the rest of the "skill" players were really fighting the puck all night. The longterm King wingers will need some time to figure out their new positioning and lanes. It seemed like most of the trouble was Kempe, Fiala and Moore finding themselves isolated and fumbling with the puck while getting lost in their breakout timing.

After a decades worth of stifling play, those defensive lapses probably stand out more to us than other teams simply out of their uniqueness to Kings hockey.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Who said Kopi-Star was an old man...someone did I just can't remember

A lot of members of the choir in baritone...

37 years old

Leading NHL in golas

Legend night.

L1 Kopi line same

L2 QB line same but looking to pull Foegle if they keep looking like tonite.

L3 Turcotte - Danault - Moore

L4 Jeannott - Akil - Lewis

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
A lot of members of the choir in baritone...

37 years old

Leading NHL in golas

Legend night.

L1 Kopi line same

L2 QB line same but looking to pull Foegle if they keep looking like tonite.

L3 Turcotte - Danault - Moore

L4 Jeannott - Akil - Lewis
Press box!!! Please.

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
Sounds like wishful thinking to call it a trap game
On the season opener when the Kings always lose here.

If anything it should have been a trap game for the sabres
How is it a trap game for the Sabres? They’ve played two meaningful games and they’re 0-2, playing their home opener. Don’t think it was wishful thinking at all. First two periods showed a motivated Sabres team and it took the Kings a while to adjust. Had Kuemper not bought time, it would’ve played out like a trap game for the Kings.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
I missed the first period, so pardon my enthusiasm, but there was a lot to like out there. Turcotte, Edmundson, Lee, Laferriere and Spence stood out to me. Kopitar obviously with the goals, but he and the rest of the "skill" players were really fighting the puck all night. The longterm King wingers will need some time to figure out their new positioning and lanes. It seemed like most of the trouble was Kempe, Fiala and Moore finding themselves isolated and fumbling with the puck while getting lost in their breakout timing.

After a decades worth of stifling play, those defensive lapses probably stand out more to us than other teams simply out of their uniqueness to Kings hockey.
This. I also was just going to post about those 3 in the same light...Kempe, Moore and Fiala were all flat and not much fire. I was pretty surprised by that. I expect much better from those 3, going forward.

The new 4: Foegele, Jeannot, Edmundson, Burroughs, were mixed, to me. I expect better from them as well. Laferriere makes great little plays and bad little plays....kind of frustrating. He's good on reads and ok on forecheck and board play. I'm not worried about him and like his game, minus the brain farts. I think his bad passes, he's just trying to be quick and not take a half extra second to see options. Good play to hit Dahlin's stick and take the extra 2 seconds (that time) to make a great pass to Kopi. Kopi. Damn. Best 7 million dollar vet in the NHL?

Turcotte has arrived. Loved his game. Looks confident and like he knows he's arrived and can contribute. Liked that they gave him some PP 2 time. Lee looked excellent, for first NHL game.
Lewis just sucks. 2/3 of the 4th line is better. Lizotte, Grundstrom, Lewis was terrible and not tough enough and no size. Can be really good, if they go Turcotte, Lee, Thomas. (when Akil is on, he's good) Hell, I'd prefer Studnicka over Lewis. Signing Lewis was the only offseason move I hated, really.

Kuemper was lights out and I was surprised he was that sharp. I kind of wonder, if former King / Caps GM Brian McLellan was not stupid enough to take PLD (full cap hit) for Kuemper....what Blake would have done for goalie. Sign Talbot 2 years? Good Gawd. So lucky.

Lucky win. I expect most to be better and the special teams both must be better. Sabres honestly have some young talent...Thompson, Cozens, Benson, Kulich, Power, Quinn's ok...and draft pick Konsta Helenius is in the AHL this year, I think, at 18. At some point, they must emerge, right?

Re Kuemper. 3 yrs? I am not too worried for this yr and maybe next yr. Glad the Kings are stocking up the goalie pipeline FINALLY. Portillo, Slukynsky, George. At least there's a plan there. Probably the plan that 2 of them are legit and see how unfolds.

edit: Forgot: Spence pass to Kopi for game winner was a great pass. I only wondered, why they had Kopi high and Spence was roving low. Worked. I recall about 4 yrs ago they had Kopi high on the PP and it was their best look that yr and they put Kopi back on the halfwall...where he was not active and the PP was bad that yr. (pre Hiller)

Last edited:
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad