• Wild Card

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Miss playoffs

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
They are catering to those that spend money on season seats so, while definitely a slim minority, they are the ones shelling out dollars for every game and are on the hook regardless of team performance. The league wants to sell stars so you still want to get McDavid in Columbus at least once a year.

I thought the eight games against division rivals would be awesome and cause a bunch of bloodbaths but it didn't: it just meant that we had to watch a game against the effing Coyotes again. The game has changed so much on the physical/nasty side of things that trying to force rivalries through more division games still didn't do the trick.

What happens though is that Sidney Crosby and the Pens might not be scheduled to come to LA this season and then he is injured the next season so you've lost two years of potentially seeing him play. While these star players could be hurt every time they come through LA, not having them scheduled at all guarantees that those of us in LA will not have a chance to see a specific superstar or great team.

While Boston has smoked us in some of these recent games here in LA, it has been some of the more exciting hockey I've seen in person during the Bluc era. I'll take that 100 times before another game against Utah or the current iteration of San Jose. Hell, those Boston games have been better than any game against the Ducks in LA for like the last five seasons. Feels like the spicier games against the Ducks happen in Anaheim because they want to get spicy and the Kings have lived to not have to engage physically.

We can talk about buzz and excitement when playing against other teams, but the common denominator is the Kings. They have been a boring ass team that we would not watch on Center Ice if we were a fan of a different team. The way you are talking about Carolina and Aho is how a lot of non-Kings fans would talk about the Kings and Kevin Fiala.
I wouldn’t care about divisional matches if the playoffs aren’t… division based. If your complaint is “oh my god the sharks and ducks suck” then I think you should be complaining about the playoff format. Back 10 years ago the Ducks and Sharks had stellar teams with great players that was always chippy. How quickly do we forget?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Akil was fine? I didn't hear a complaint about him. It's entirely because he's a right shot and they think they need Lewis there for penalty killing.
There were a couple of postgame lines from Hiller that seemed mildly critical of Thomas, but without hearing the interview in whole it was difficult to catch the context.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
GKG!
Have to watch on tape delay so I'll join the celebrations after our first win of the Season!!!

EK had King's in big on Sheshterkin!!!! There's just no holding Blake down.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
With how they played in the pre-season I'm more optimistic than I was going into the offseason, and having PLD gone is going to ease my blood pressure. Still don't think get out of the 1st round and I don't think its out of the possibility they miss the playoffs, but I think going away from the 1-3-1 will make for less frustrating games.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The closest thing to a 1st line is the 3rd line.. 2nd line is a defensive non-scoring line - is more of traditional 3rd line. The "1st" line is a poor man's 2nd line.. maybe Laf and Kempe can get some rush chances. Cycling will be ugly as hell.

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Sabres were supposed to take a step. But they went to Prague and got their dicks stepped on by the Devils. Last I heard they were struggling to sell tickets to tonight’s home opener.

But they’ve got young game breakers up front and a stacked group of lefty defenseman. And Levi is like Portillo on steroids. I think he’s more like a young Cal Petersen. Kings should put up 8 against this team tonight.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
GZkF7a0WcAIGc7h

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Now, I like the Canadian anthem, but why are they singing it. lol. Screw the Canadians.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Maybe Akil is a better fit in the top six than Jeannot.
Dontcha know, Blake has cosplay with his acquisitions to pretend he has put together a contending roster...smoking out of the same bong that induced him to get PLD - having the same jones for Jeannot that TB GM had... that said, I hope Jeannot makes him look good, just dont think the odds are likely.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Well we couldn't have that, have to have the 15 goal guy there. No, not Arty, the old one.

Haven't these guys tried being 28 years old yet?
Yup, management’s built in scapegoats are low cost guys they draft high but scratch over paid veterans.

Maybe the Sabres having two games under their legs is a potential advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad