2024-25 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Any news on Carrick, De Leo, or Agozzino? Are they all moving on? Will the Gulls be even worst next year?
Probably, Zellweger and Colangelo probably will be NHL this year so that is two removed from SD. Would have to see a big breakout from Pasta, Hinds, Myatovic and Gaucher for them to improve. They lost Tracey and Perreault. Mysak who they got for Perreault sucks even more than him. Losing McLaughlin was addition thru Subtraction though.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Any news on Carrick, De Leo, or Agozzino? Are they all moving on? Will the Gulls be even worst next year?
Given apart from Carrick they all signed later into FA, I assume we'll see some Gulls news in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Kalv

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Well, eventually Verbeek is going to have to sign some bodies into the Gulls lineup. We need at least 2 defensemen and 3 forwards. I'm not sure if Colangelo is a lock on the Ducks lineup but we haven't signed a right-shot winger so he doesn't have anyone blocking his path.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Nesterenko-Carpenter-Meyer
Pastujov-Gaucher-Regenda/Colangelo
Sidorov-Lopina-Caulfield
Wiebe-Mysak-Pitre
Howe

McKeown-Luneau
Heatherington-Helleson
Hinds-Warren
Costantini

Suchanek
Clang

Last edited:
Reactions: Static
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Ryan Carpenter having to settle for an AHL only contract is kind of wild. Also definitely weird that they brought in two vet defensive defensemen when three of the four prospects pencilled in also aren’t offensive guys. Lends to the idea that one of Luneau/Zellweger/Lacombe would be there but they also might push Dionicio out.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Ryan Carpenter having to settle for an AHL only contract is kind of wild. Also definitely weird that they brought in two vet defensive defensemen when three of the four prospects pencilled in also aren’t offensive guys. Lends to the idea that one of Luneau/Zellweger/Lacombe would be there but they also might push Dionicio out.

Do we officially know what Hot Rod's situation is? Is he still NL-A bound of AHL bound?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I suppose they could do that but IMO that’s a bad move for a super talented kid who needs refining.

You want to refine Hot Rod's skill with our AHL club, who's sucked beyond ass for the past few seasons and with the same asst coaches for the past two seasons?

I'm fine with Hot Rod going to a bigger surface and playing in, iirc, Swiss' top men's league. Maybe his skating could also improve b/c he's playing on a bigger surface.

I'm indifferent if he goes the the NL-A or the AHL b/c they're better competition than juniors. I just know that Hot Rod had committed to playing in the NL-A before getting his ELC. What I wanted to know is if we know officially where Hot Rod was going, not "should Hot Rod go to the NL-A". Just say, "I don't know."

Reactions: cheesymc
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
You want to refine Hot Rod's skill with our AHL club, who's sucked beyond ass for the past few seasons and with the same asst coaches for the past two seasons?

I'm fine with Hot Rod going to a bigger surface and playing in, iirc, Swiss' top men's league. Maybe his skating could also improve b/c he's playing on a bigger surface.

I'm indifferent if he goes the the NL-A or the AHL b/c they're better competition than juniors. I just know that Hot Rod had committed to playing in the NL-A before getting his ELC. What I wanted to know is if we know officially where Hot Rod was going, not "should Hot Rod go to the NL-A". Just say, "I don't know."
Yes, because it’s a developmental league and they can actually develop his flaws instead of his Swiss team maybe not caring about those things. But I didn’t realize he signed in Switzerland so maybe that is indeed the plan, guess we’ll find out in the fall.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
San Diego to Russia would be a hell of a culture change
From Fish Tacos, Carne Asada Fries, Pozole, Al Pastor, Tamales and Birria to Borscht, Porridges, Pelmeni dumplings and Beef Stroganoff. Could be worse, Norwegian cuisine is the worst in Europe I've heard. I once asked what to eat in Norway and I got told you go to a Pizza restaurant cause Norwegian food is bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad