Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Gauthier/Carlsson and McTavish/Terry are the pairings I think they are pushing. Vatrano will get top 6 minutes and so will Killorn if they don't add anyone else.

Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Fabbri-Zegras-Strome
Harkins-Lundestrom-Leason

When Z is the best defensive forward on the line, then, "Houston, we have a problem." I'd probably want to try Lundy at LW instead of Fabbri.

Reactions: slippingsloth

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Same squad if Zegras, Leo, and McTavish miss a bunch of games. Same squad if Gauthier is in SD. Same squad if new PP coach is a clone of Newell Brown. Same squad if Fowler is still playing almost half of the game. Same squad if none of the young guys improve. Same squad if Gibson is still #1.

Someone needs to do a points guessing thread for the end of this coming season. Just having last years team healthy would have probably been good for 10~ more wins.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Talent wise our forward group nice just depends on how well they develop this year

Leo
McTavish
Zegras
Terry
Gauthier
Vatrano
Strome
Killorn
Fabbri

That's a legit top 9 right there just based on talent

Key is gotta stay healthy. Always going to have injuries but last year was over the top, and this team didn’t have the depth last year, they added Gauthier, but they needed another Top 6 guy.

Adding Fabbri will help, From what I have read, he is a good player, an upgrade to our bottom 6, but staying healthy is what the concern is. He is a career .50 PPG player, and had 18 goals in 68 games last season, which is better than what we got from guys like Jones, Groulx, Leason, Johnston, and etc.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I don’t want a guy on the squad that chooses when he’s going to care.
Easy to say when you’re on the outside of a situation and no matter what you do it’s not going to make a difference.

These guys are humans and not machines so it’s impossible to not let emotions like hopelessness and disappointment creep in.

I know that people will reply to this and say that they're professionals and it doesn’t matter because they’re being paid millions of dollars to play a game. This is an understandable viewpoint, but I’ll preemptively ask those people if they’ve ever mailed it in on a Friday at work and not put in their best effort because they weren’t feeling it. I’m sure that almost everyone here has regardless of how much money you’re making.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Easy to say when you’re on the outside of a situation and no matter what you do it’s not going to make a difference.

These guys are humans and not machines so it’s impossible to not let emotions like hopelessness and disappointment creep in.

I know that people will reply to this and say that they're professionals and it doesn’t matter because they’re being paid millions of dollars to play a game. This is an understandable viewpoint, but I’ll preemptively ask those people if they’ve ever mailed it in on a Friday at work and not put in their best effort because they weren’t feeling it. I’m sure that almost everyone here has regardless of how much money you’re making.
Fair enough, and true. But as much as I could control it, I would want players (or employees) that don't cave in to their circumstances and mail it in. It's settling for less, it's being OK with normal.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Fair enough, and true. But as much as I could control it, I would want players (or employees) that don't cave in to their circumstances and mail it in. It's settling for less, it's being OK with normal.
Of course, but after 4 years of it, it’s tough to not let it affect you. Even then he still made the all star game in 2019 and 2022 so it’s not like he’s been complete shit.

I think if there is something to play for in February and March he’ll be a big reason of why the team is there.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Good god... I know that the Bruins inflate player size measurements (Hampus was 6'2 210 here, but is apparently juicing now at 6'4 224), but their defensive lineup is enormous. Cycle through the lineups and its pretty apparent we have the softest blueline in the league. When Gudas gets hurt and is out of the lineup for a decent amount of time we are going to get feasted on. Teams will absolutely look forward to play against our minor/junior league lineup. Gibson is going to have a mental breakdown.
We added a 6'4 gentle giant
Our forward group is just as bad and I'm watching people post their wish lineup with Johnston the only physical forward healthy scratched. What a mess

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Key is gotta stay healthy. Always going to have injuries but last year was over the top, and this team didn’t have the depth last year, they added Gauthier, but they needed another Top 6 guy.

Adding Fabbri will help, From what I have read, he is a good player, an upgrade to our bottom 6, but staying healthy is what the concern is. He is a career .50 PPG player, and had 18 goals in 68 games last season, which is better than what we got from guys like Jones, Groulx, Leason, Johnston, and etc.

Health is the biggest factor this year. This addresses two issues: players being on the ice and the lack of fatigue could reduce our PIMs. If our club continues to rack up injuries, then I blame our FO and coaching staff for running our team down.

The second factor is our ES offensive game plan. If Cronin doesn't allow for flexibility and creating an offense based upon the talent at hand, then...

cWxrrm.gif

Reactions: cheesymc

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Gauthier is the real deal. Flyers fans would not be so upset if he was not. He should be at least in the Top 6 next season.
I think middle 6 is more appropriate for next year to be fair to him. He should be expected to have a 2nd half fall off like pretty much every rookie does. May get some time on the top line, but I don’t know about him handling those minutes come January/February. We have the depth to put him where he needs to be.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Good god... I know that the Bruins inflate player size measurements (Hampus was 6'2 210 here, but is apparently juicing now at 6'4 224), but their defensive lineup is enormous. Cycle through the lineups and its pretty apparent we have the softest blueline in the league. When Gudas gets hurt and is out of the lineup for a decent amount of time we are going to get feasted on. Teams will absolutely look forward to play against our minor/junior league lineup. Gibson is going to have a mental breakdown.

It’s like what I posted the other day with what Ray Ferraro on overdrive..

You need ‘giants’ out there besides skill. You can dictate the game more imposing your force

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad