Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It’s the offseason. People are looking for something to talk about that isn’t “we fell flat on our face in free agency after big plans were promised, then sorta promised, then didn’t happen”.

It’ll be something else next week.
If you want, I can start a thread asking…Is Jim Morrison really buried in Paris or is he alive in rural Oregon? Just give me the word and I’ll get on it. :thumbu:

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Vatrano as well.

I don't think Strome or Vatrano get the C. Strome maybe an A. Both those guys are not guaranteed to be key contributors for Anaheim going forward.

They're waiting for one of the young guys to earn it. McTavish might still be the guy.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Did all the Beeker haters scrutinize every word out of barstools mouth the same way? If we're going to put every word out of Verbeek under microscope like this, i'd think people would still be elbows deep sorting through the heaping pile of shit that barstool spewed ever year

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Did all the Beeker haters scrutinize every word out of barstools mouth the same way? If we're going to put every word out of Verbeek under microscope like this, i'd think people would still be elbows deep sorting through the heaping pile of shit that barstool spewed ever year
I don't recall them doing it. But I think the difference is Bob put together some winning seasons, Beeker hasn't yet. I think it's fear and frustration that he might not be able to do it, and that he could be an ineffective GM.

Also, the Beeks hasn't really given us much else to talk about yet. A drunken outburst would be a welcome change of pace at this point.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Good heavens, what's the hangup some people have about naming a Captain now? So he can preside over the dog days of summer? Frankly, the optics of naming someone know would look like an afterthought to a season most want to forget. Name the Captain around Labor Day - the first step of a new season and a new commitment to winning. I said it on the Captain's thread, but I'll say it here: have Killorn wear the C for the remaining 3 years of his deal, and let the kids earn their A's on the way to being a successor.
Killorn is NOT a guy that should wear a C on this team. Most of last season he looked like he couldn't give a shit about anything, including defending his teammates.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Yes - and those arguments stem from the same repeated arguments that he should have blown up the team before and kept everyone too long. He did have us entertained! (And I soured on BM like most of us did towards the end)

Bob kept us competitive until he clearly lacked the insight on how long to stay competitive. With Verbeek, its a question of: does he know how to construct a competitive roster, and does he have the coaching staff to deploy the right tactics for our players to flourish.

I’m sorry, but there had to be better coaching choices out there than Cronin. The guy is clueless and his postgame pressers make it seem like he doesn’t have the answers either.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Verbeek had plenty of slack the first year and a half. He’s earned being questioned with his pretty consistent mismatch of words and deeds.

As far as GMBM, I remember plenty of flack over RC being the best possible rehire, with all the players wanting him back as the best choice.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
I don’t view the Ducks as a real franchise nowadays. The window closed and I think the Samuelis are happy investing in the Vibe thing and such. We have a no name coach, a weird GM, and our veteran players signed here to coast and retire or falsely build their value

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I don’t view the Ducks as a real franchise nowadays. The window closed and I think the Samuelis are happy investing in the Vibe thing and such. We have a no name coach, a weird GM, and our veteran players signed here to coast and retire or falsely build their value
What you said.. you need to voice out to the Administration about this.. IF your a season ticket holder.. We need a signed letter from all the season seat holders.. Because unfortunately this sounds like a true statement

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Lol... the Samuelis have operated exactly the same now as they have when they first owned the franchise

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Killorn is NOT a guy that should wear a C on this team. Most of last season he looked like he couldn't give a shit about anything, including defending his teammates.
I did not get that sense at all.
Not only did I also not get that sense at all, he was playing injured for the first half of the season and had more jump to his step after coming back from the surgery.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Not a real franchise? What is a real franchise?

Rebuilds are a miserable experience most of the time.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
our veteran players signed here to coast and retire or falsely build their value
So never sign any veteran players then?

If they play good you'll say they're falsely building value and that's bad

If they play bad you'll say they signed here to coast and retire and that's bad

What's the third option supposed to be?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Gudas - does not coast
Vatrano - does not coast
Strome - does not coast, just is a 3rd line player with 3rd line warts
Killorn - played injured for half the season, then was absolutely not coasting after the knee surgery

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Verbeek had plenty of slack the first year and a half. He’s earned being questioned with his pretty consistent mismatch of words and deeds.

As far as GMBM, I remember plenty of flack over RC being the best possible rehire, with all the players wanting him back as the best choice.
A major knock on BM was him saying all the right things and then not following up on them, too.
They’re a real franchise and screw anyone who thinks otherwise, GM, fans, analysts, all of them.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
I see I’ve touched a nerve. To me, it’s hard to take this team seriously. No roadmap, we’ve been rebuilding/retooling for how long with none to minimal improvement. Let’s hope and f***ing pray the young kids become starts ASAP

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I see I’ve touched a nerve. To me, it’s hard to take this team seriously. No roadmap, we’ve been rebuilding/retooling for how long with none to minimal improvement. Let’s hope and f***ing pray the young kids become starts ASAP
While obviously the years of missed playoffs under Murray will remain in the minds of fans, it shouldn’t how factor into how you feel about the current regime. PV sold ownership on a plan (one that, according to many insiders, preaches patience), and has currently had only 2 full seasons overseeing this team. One was a year where the intention was to bottom out to secure a top center in a draft with a very highly regarded top 3, one was a year with expected improvement that was hindered by multiple simultaneous injuries to key players.

All this is to say, it’s way too early to make the implication that the current regime isn’t building the team up for sustainable success. They have a lot to prove before we start singing their praises, but you’re definitely going too far in the other direction

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Honest question - how long do you think a tear it down tank rebuild actually takes to yield results?

Reactions: goonsaredumb

Duckesh

Jul 20, 2021
As someone who watched this team from the first game of the first season... there have been many long stretches of absolutely nothing to cheer for. Like not even some amazing youngsters on the horizon. Bad drafting. Terribly uncompetitive seasons.

Pretty much '93 - '02 nothing happened

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
While obviously the years of missed playoffs under Murray will remain in the minds of fans, it shouldn’t how factor into how you feel about the current regime. PV sold ownership on a plan (one that, according to many insiders, preaches patience), and has currently had only 2 full seasons overseeing this team. One was a year where the intention was to bottom out to secure a top center in a draft with a very highly regarded top 3, one was a year with expected improvement that was hindered by multiple simultaneous injuries to key players.

All this is to say, it’s way too early to make the implication that the current regime isn’t building the team up for sustainable success. They have a lot to prove before we start singing their praises, but you’re definitely going too far in the other direction
I respect you as a poster hugely MMC. All I’m saying is we went from retool/rebuild with no improvements to more of the same. For me personally, I have minimal excitement for this tram currently.
Honest question - how long do you think a tear it down tank rebuild actually takes to yield results?
I get your point, and agree. My issue is this: is there a clear plan? This seems like BM is around still. Just meandering around hoping things stick and the young guns amazingly improve. My opinion is that I am not too hopeful with this regime. That’s my opinion.
As someone who watched this team from the first game of the first season... there have been many long stretches of absolutely nothing to cheer for. Like not even some amazing youngsters on the horizon. Bad drafting. Terribly uncompetitive seasons.

Pretty much '93 - '02 nothing happened
Watched this time since ‘01 so not as long as you. Disney played a huge hand in this team’s struggles.

Lastly, it’s rather typical of this forum for one person to express their opinion to have their fandom questioned and such - but alas, such is life.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Lastly, it’s rather typical of this forum for one person to express their opinion to have their fandom questioned and such - but alas, such is life.
Can't see anyone questioning your fandom, but you can't expect to post in a discussion board and then complain being discussed with, let alone expect something as severe as "this is not a real franchise nowadays" to remain unchallenged.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I respect you as a poster hugely MMC. All I’m saying is we went from retool/rebuild with no improvements to more of the same. For me personally, I have minimal excitement for this tram currently.

I get your point, and agree. My issue is this: is there a clear plan? This seems like BM is around still. Just meandering around hoping things stick and the young guns amazingly improve. My opinion is that I am not too hopeful with this regime. That’s my opinion.

Watched this time since ‘01 so not as long as you. Disney played a huge hand in this team’s struggles.

You're absolutely free to express your opinion and everyone is also absolutely free to criticize it. What sort of reaction to that were you expecting?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad