2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Briere strikes me as a low integrity GM and is more concerned to look good than be good.

The cutter gauthier fiasco and lying beforehand and afterwards using vague language of the timeline to manipulate the whole situation, after he himself effed up. No accountability.

Stating that Bonk would go top 10 in re-draft to pump his own tires. How's that one looking?

Playing dumb throughout the whole Kolosov debacle similar to the cutter issue.

The Luchanko move reeks of insecurity of the Buium pass as well. You can't make this move with Luchanko, you just can't. How can these hockey lifers not see what the fans are seeing?? Did you not learn anything from rushing Zubrus?? At least the Zubrus mistake made hockey sense, since the flyers then were in cup mode and needed to get more depth. What is the benefit of rushing Luchanko? Move from the 11th pick to the 13th ?

I'm usually an optimist, but this organization is not in good hands. We need a new singular owner to lead the franchise so he can get rid of all these shenanigans.

Michkov is still in his honeymoon stage right now and sheet hasn't yet hit the fan. He is ultra competitive and once he matures and becomes the leader of the team, he won't put up with this.

I hope I am 100 percent wrong, but if the only strong personality is the head coach with little checks and balances, ship will sink.

Ed Snider is turning and cursing in his grave.

Briere is arguably worse than Fletcher. In the sense that he actually has zero power, and little Pippin was nothing but a nice PR hire to pass the torch to the “modern Flyers”.

Comcast gave up any shred of oversight when they gave the keys fully to the Flyer family with this management set up.

Hextall was a POS. So was Fletcher. We aren’t moving into a better direction with Briere.

Maybe, just maybe. That’s because all the voices around the GM persist as the seasons, and years change. Briere is a cuckold to the Flyer family. Nothing more.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What is with the conspiracy theories?
Maybe they just like how Luchanko has looked in camp and want to see him in real NHL games?
Whether this is the right move remains to be seen, I'm skeptical, but the motivation isn't some half assed attempt to CYA, b/c it makes no sense.

The idea this is a PR move is silly, come on, how many STHs will renew to see Luchanko?
Has Suzuki packed them into the seats in Montreal?
We're talking a 3C/4C this season, maybe a 2C in a couple years, and if lucky, a 1C by 2031-32.

Michkov is getting the lion's share of attention for good reason, he's going to be special.

No one, other than a few "know it all" die hard fans give a flying F about Luchanko.
Most Flyer fans will root for him if he's on the team, and hardly notice if he's sent back to the CHL.
There's no star power here, he's not Bedard, and he's not advertised as such.

Nobody is spouting conspiracy theories. Everything stated is within the bounds of how the Flyers act and none of it is good.

Their current handling of Luchanko is so drastically against everything you have insisted is good process for years that you should be leading the charge against this process.

Guys can only hit the NHL once they've dominated a lower level, remember? That never happened. Anything else is detrimental and they haven't marinated enough.

Reactions: BiggE

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Nobody is spouting conspiracy theories. Everything stated is within the bounds of how the Flyers act and none of it is good.

Their current handling of Luchanko is so drastically against everything you have insisted is good process for years that you should be leading the charge against this process.

Guys can only hit the NHL once they've dominated a lower level, remember? That never happened. Anything else is detrimental and they haven't marinated enough.
This time it’s clearly different.

(I really hope this doesn’t require a sarcasm emoji)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Which is why he probably would have a breakout season if they sent him back.
Hardly played at 16, major role at 17 and would be the "man" at Guelph at 18.

Filling out allowed him to play a bigger role, but most CHL players don't jump from 14 points to 100+ points in one season. Getting stronger doesn't instantly make you an elite player, you have to process your new body and develop skills now that you have PT.

Every single thing you've said for years means you should be screaming for him to be sent back and break out.

This is ridiculous backpedaling even by your standards

Reactions: BiggE

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What’s the harm in giving Luchanko an up-to 9 game NHL look?

If he runs with it, great.

If he doesn’t, no problem, he wasn’t expected to, & returns to junior.

I've supported it only if he gets sent back.

I cannot have faith in them not to be blinded by him looking fast and efforty and then keeping him. The stated reasoning from them so far says that's currently the more likely outcome.

Last edited:

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
What is with the conspiracy theories?
Maybe they just like how Luchanko has looked in camp and want to see him in real NHL games?
Whether this is the right move remains to be seen, I'm skeptical, but the motivation isn't some half assed attempt to CYA, b/c it makes no sense.
Well a week ago you were telling us that keeping Luchanko on the NHL team was stupid, so you tell us.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well a week ago you were telling us that keeping Luchanko on the NHL team was stupid, so you tell us.
Like I said, I'm skeptical it's the right move, but that doesn't mean it's the result of some conspiracy to make people forget Buium or Gauthier.

That's pretty unlikely. Occam's razor: what's more likely is they were impressed watching him in TC and want to see how he looks against real competition.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I’m still pissed on how good cutter looks. I hope I am so wrong about him. I haven’t watched him enough to know his exact hockey IQ and skills. Many here think both are very low. Everything being reported out west is exactly the opposite.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ollie cleared. Very shocked. Figured a smart team would surely put in a claim.
But I thought these players were being blocked.

If they were "blocked," some bottom feeder would have picked them up and given them a shot - I'm mean if they're smart enough to tank, they're smart enough to snatch prospects that our dumb FO waives.

I think Lycksell can play in the bottom six, and Richard might have taken his game up to where he could stick in a bottom six, but neither is a slam dunk nor good enough that bad teams wanted to waive someone to claim them.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Like I said, I'm skeptical it's the right move, but that doesn't mean it's the result of some conspiracy to make people forget Buium or Gauthier.

That's pretty unlikely. Occam's razor: what's more likely is they were impressed watching him in TC and want to see how he looks against real competition.
Interesting you have gone from calling it "stupid" a week ago to saying you're "skeptical" of it now. What changed since last week, why are you using much less critical language?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’m still pissed on how good cutter looks. I hope I am so wrong about him. I haven’t watched him enough to know his exact hockey IQ and skills. Many here think both are very low. Everything being reported out west is exactly the opposite.
We know he's gong to score goals, but people thought Patrick Laine was going to be a star, too.

Interesting you have gone from calling it "stupid" a week ago to saying you're "skeptical" of it now. What changed since last week, why are you using much less critical language?
Because it's a fait accompli.
They've watched him far more closely than I have, so we'll see if they've seen something we haven't.
So I'm skeptical, but I'll withhold final judgement until we see how it plays out.

Just because I would do things differently doesn't mean I'm right, "the proof is in the pudding."

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
We know he's gong to score goals, but people thought Patrick Laine was going to be a star, too.

Because it's a fait accompli.
They've watched him far more closely than I have, so we'll see if they've seen something we haven't.
So I'm skeptical, but I'll withhold final judgement until we see how it plays out.

Just because I would do things differently doesn't mean I'm right, "the proof is in the pudding."
That's a strange way of admitting that the team making a decision you previously thought was stupid means you don't think it is stupid anymore. As is this, you don't really care about anything, you just align yourself with whatever the team does.

Which is fine, I just want you to admit it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Deady, the only consistent value you have maintained without betraying is the idea that prospects have to "marinate" as long as possible, they have to dominate lower levels before being given a spot, and that the Flyers are incredibly right always in every scenario where they have done that.

So, since Jett hasn't met a single of those conditions, how came the most you can manage is some slight skepticism? When recently you thought keeping him up would be so stupid they very competent and mistake-free Flyers would definitely not do it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad