2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I'm entirely convinced Luchanko making the team is the result of one of you making a monkey paw wish for the Flyers to finally give their prospects a fair chance to play in the NHL.

This is insane whiplash from this organization.

Okay then so what are you all thinking? Do you think the intentions are for luchenko to play nine games and get sent back or do you think they want to keep him? And another question, if they keep him for say 20 25 games and end up sending him back that burns his first year right?
I'm thinking the lone brain cell left in the shared Flyers management group is bouncing off their empty skulls like it were pong.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
You would have to take into consideration the other teams that drafted in the draft class and the depth at forward that they have and the holes that they need to fill. All the flyers are telling me at the moment at least for 9 games hopefully, is that they have s***** center depth and luchenko fills a need that they have. Not that he's the third readyest player to play in the NHl from that draft class.

Teams that finished BELOW the Flyers are not deeper teams. If anything, the Flyers have pretty strong forward depth.

The Flyers are telling you he's the most NHL ready forward after Celebrini. Levshunov and Yakemchuk, I believe, are the only other 2024s possibly making the NHL, trial or otherwise. And they're two of the oldest players in the class, more floor-ish than ceiling. I think Luchanko has that last part in common.

This list includes 2023s:

Even Dvorsky (#10) from 2023 is going back for his D+2. This is not normal, and I won't pretend it is.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Couturier was a top prospect in his class who was an absolute monster in his D-1, got mono in his draft year, and still put up ~1.66 PPG on a team with exactly one other good Forward. Luchanko was *wop hand gestures* good. More or less. I think there are indicators that he could be a good pick. I'd just like to see him have the time to develop himself.

We can keep trying this, but the list of modern comparables is Sillinger and you can argue about Zach Benson (1.63 PPG). That's the list.

Luchanko was at 1.08. I don't know why we still have to do this, but it's Friday deck time and my wife is out. I've got time.
Wop hand gestures? Really?

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I don’t think they have the ability to conceive and implement intricate schemes. They just think they’re smarter than everyone else. There’s no nuance or grand plan. It’s not a cascading set of reasonable conclusions that end up in an unreasonable place. It’s the same death grip on arrogance as a touchstone they’ve had for decades.
20241004_185100.gif

There is no reason to overthink this team. Stupid is as stupid does.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
So I just saw the 14 cut

36 surprised, glad 13 sent

Bonk not sure who watched last night appeared slow or a step behind everything

Glad to see 17 still on roster

Praying Jett makes it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad