2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What do you think the chances are of sitting dlo and Hathaway?
Laughton poehling cates gets me excited. Of course I'd also be trying a flyers that fly line of tippet luchenko konecny. That's the kind of lineup that opens up space for michkov.
Delauriers was getting scratched last season

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Neither Fedotov nor Kolosov have looked that great this preseason. They will probably carry both for awhile until one can show they are capable of backing up Ersson

Reactions: BillDineen

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I'm sure this coaching staff and management group have seen this in their decades in the NHL.
You could jot be more wrong. There is a reason the Flyers have been irrelevant to garbage for over a decade.

And they definitely aren't doing anything as forward thinking a progressive load management. Not a f***ing chance.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Neither Fedotov nor Kolosov have looked that great this preseason. They will probably carry both for awhile until one can show they are capable of backing up Ersson
If they carry 3 goalies they will have to waive Deslauriers to keep Luchanko on the 23 man roster: 13 F - 7 D - 3 G.

Theoretically they could send Michkov or Foerster down cause they're waiver eligible, but that won't happen.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah Kolosov last night looked kinda poopy.

I'll be honest, just because of goaltending alone, I think the Flyers will end up bottom 10.
They are a bottom 10 team regardless of how well Ersson plays. Could be even worse if Ersson completely shits the bed if he can't handle the load of a #1 because I don't see Fedotov or Kolosov taking over

Reactions: renberg

nacc BLOCC

Apr 16, 2019
Why the hell are people happy Hathaway is in over Cates? He’s 8 years older ffs.

Why is it so impossible to just accept that a guy is a good, solid depth piece and leave it at that? First he has to be a hidden star in the making and now people are happy he’s not in the lineup. How do you as an org miss both high and low on the same guy in the span of a calendar year? Let alone doing this to a 25yo you gave $5MM+ to last summer?

well in a league like the nhl sometimes you zig, sometimes you zag, but then there are times where you must zig-zag; and if you get very confused after you zig-zag, just imagine how the competition feels.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
well in a league like the nhl sometimes you zig, sometimes you zag, but then there are times where you must zig-zag; and if you get very confused after you zig-zag, just imagine how the competition feels.

This team has mastered neither zigging nor zagging. They just keep bouncing off the brick wall in front of them in the hopes it'll go away.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers were top ten in 5x5 metrics last year, as well as PK.
Goaltending and PP cost them a playoff spot.
Goaltending probably can't get worse (it was bottom 5), and Michkov will help the PP.
The only players gone are Atkinson and Walker, and metrics were as good after trading Walker and half the defense injured.

So they have as much of a shot at a PO spot as bottom ten.

Comes down to goalies, young players improving, and Couts, Drysdale and Risto staying healthy.
Risto looked very good in camp, Drysdale still a work in progress.
Couts is probably the "joker," great metrics last season (as always) but couldn't create offense.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Flyers were top ten in 5x5 metrics last year, as well as PK.
Goaltending and PP cost them a playoff spot.
Goaltending probably can't get worse (it was bottom 5), and Michkov will help the PP.
The only players gone are Atkinson and Walker, and metrics were as good after trading Walker and half the defense injured.

So they have as much of a shot at a PO spot as bottom ten.

Comes down to goalies, young players improving, and Couts, Drysdale and Risto staying healthy.
Risto looked very good in camp, Drysdale still a work in progress.
Couts is probably the "joker," great metrics last season (as always) but couldn't create offense.
if if if if and more if

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad