2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
All you have to do is google “Jack Eichel” “generational” & there are tons of examples.

Here’s one:

So don’t call me a liar because you don’t remember something.
So a nobody said he could be the American gretzky (plays nothing like him) and this was prior to him playing a single game, who calls him generational even 2 years in? Not one singular person, I can find things about Daigle being generational, you're acting like people here think he's generational, and tbf nobody here ever thought he was generational

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Roster for tonight

FORWARDS (12)
10 - BOBBY BRINK
11 - TRAVIS KONECNY
14 - SEAN COUTURIER
17 - JETT LUCHANKO
19 - GARNET HATHAWAY
39 - MATVEI MICHKOV
48 - MORGAN FROST
71 - TYSON FOERSTER
73 - ELLIOT DESNOYERS
74 - OWEN TIPPETT
78 - JACOB GAUCHER
90 - ANTHONY RICHARD

DEFENSEMEN (6)
6 - TRAVIS SANHEIM
8 - CAM YORK
9 - JAMIE DRYSDALE
24 - NICK SEELER
41 - HUNTER McDONALD
59 - OLIVER BONK

GOALTENDERS (2)
33 - SAMUEL ERSSON
40 - CAL PETERSEN

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Some hot takes in there...

Only one of them picks Michkov to lead rookie scoring, and one of them picks Couturier as the player they expect be traded this season.

Amusingly, they unanimously believe that the first coach fired this year coaches in Pennsylvania, they're just split as to whether it's Sullivan or Tortorella.

Reactions: flyersnorth

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I kind of get the feeling Deslauriers being waived might be on the cards.

They are taking a real extended look at Lyckell and Richard, the math aint mathing. And Torts said today that they need to get faster.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I kind of get the feeling Deslauriers being waived might be on the cards.

They are taking a real extended look at Lyckell and Richard, the math aint mathing. And Torts said today that they need to get faster.

I don't see it happening.

I would love it if they did waive him, but I expect they will either carry 14 forwards (Lycksell or Luchanko) or 3 goalies, at least for the opening road trip.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They said the latter publicly last year too….we all know how that played out

Why does anyone believe anything they say? Especially after Jones hopped on a podcast to admit they lied about the rebuild. He probably thought they could do that because they figured they'd make the playoffs and be smug at all the naysayers they had to falsely appease.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Drysdale's development and health is nearly as important as anything on our roster other than Michkov. He still has the potential to tilt that trade in our favor, should be easy for him since he put on 50 pounds of muscle in 3 months, that's what Comcast told me and Comcast has never lied to me or made my bill more expensive than it should be.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Guess him the other CO-GM see it differently. Torts is so full of shit.

They need the Jett he is saying.
No. He was explicit about the need for speed down the road to compete, but not this season.
He was pretty clear he sees this as a rebuilding season, where the emphasis is on improvement by the players on the roster.
He feels the goalie situation is an unknown, neither are proven commodities.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Drysdale's development and health is nearly as important as anything on our roster other than Michkov. He still has the potential to tilt that trade in our favor, should be easy for him since he put on 50 pounds of muscle in 3 months, that's what Comcast told me and Comcast has never lied to me or made my bill more expensive than it should be.
Tortorella was super candid innhis presser today:

" Drysdale doesn't know how to play the game yet, so we have to teach him how".

I know what he meant but it was super direct. You can't have thin skin with Torts.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Drysdale has the tools to be scott neidermeyer. So hopefully Torts can develop him, if that's what they are talking about. After all he lost a couple years of development to injury.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I don't see it happening.

I would love it if they did waive him, but I expect they will either carry 14 forwards (Lycksell or Luchanko) or 3 goalies, at least for the opening road trip.
So you think it's something like this?

Tippett-Frost-Michkov
Farabee-Couturier-Konecny
Foerster-Laughton-Brink
Cates-Poehling-Hathaway

Extra: Luchanko, Deslauriers

York-Sanheim
Seeler-Drysdale
Z-Risto

Extra: Erik Johnson

I think I'd rather waive #44, send Jett back to the OHL and keep Richard and Lycksell around

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
So you think it's something like this?

Tippett-Frost-Michkov
Farabee-Couturier-Konecny
Foerster-Laughton-Brink
Cates-Poehling-Hathaway

Extra: Luchanko, Deslauriers

York-Sanheim
Seeler-Drysdale
Z-Risto

Extra: Erik Johnson

I think I'd rather waive #44, send Jett back to the OHL and keep Richard and Lycksell around
there is no universe were shittruck isnt a roster staple this season for Torts...

Reactions: Hanover Fist

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
No. He was explicit about the need for speed down the road to compete, but not this season.
He was pretty clear he sees this as a rebuilding season, where the emphasis is on improvement by the players on the roster.
He feels the goalie situation is an unknown, neither are proven commodities.
You are smart enough to know Torts is full of it. Rebuilding with essentially the same roster as last year.

He wants the playoffs very bad. Then he can say look at me and what I have done. This is potentially his last year coaching in the NHL. You think he wants to go out not making it 3 years in a row.

Let's say this is his last year coaching the Flyers. Do you see another NHL team hiring him to coach?

Even Mr Wonder himself can see that.

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad