2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Only 32 D-men had 30 or more ES points last season.
Another 60 scored between 20-29.

A plus defender who scores 20+ at ES is a top 3 D-man.

You’re still describing late career Olli Määttä. Is that a top 3 Defenseman?! I mean, if it is to you, fair enough. As long as it’s applied consistently…and I might point out that was mostly Ghost’s partner, so you’d have to pick one of the two to get the credit.

Or are we saying 18 vs 22 ESP completely changes a discussion? I sure hope not.

• Haha
Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You’re still describing late career Olli Määttä. Is that a top 3 Defenseman?! I mean, if it is to you, fair enough. As long as it’s applied consistently…and I might point out that was mostly Ghost’s partner, so you’d have to pick one of the two to get the credit.

Come on Jojo. You know damn well that theres a monstrous difference between 18 and 22 ESP over the course of 82 games.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Have we forgotten Ristolainen

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Come on Jojo. You know damn well that theres a monstrous difference between 18 and 22 ESP over the course of 82 games.

Well technically I didn't even do the math on prorating scoring numbers. And most players miss at least one game.

So the actual number is higher than 92. 20/82 is an average of 0.244 ESP/G. And then we could normalize it for Minutes and we're certainly over 100 without even accounting for 2 Points over 82 Games somehow changing everything. And then...well, let's just say I would appreciate it if he just said that Detroit Pair is good and I can forget this ever happened.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Well technically I didn't even do the math on prorating scoring numbers. And most players miss at least one game.

So the actual number is higher than 92. 20/82 is an average of 0.244 ESP/G. And then we could normalize it for Minutes and we're certainly over 100 without even accounting for 2 Points over 82 Games somehow changing everything. And then...well, let's just say I would appreciate it if he just said that Detroit Pair is good and I can forget this ever happened.

I dont want to be the person to tell you this, but... you have only yourself to blame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad