2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
200w.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's an interesting lineup, a few years from being SC competitive, but can probably make the playoffs with average or better goaltending.

Farabee (24) - Couts (32) - Michkov (19)
Tippett (25) - Frost (25) - TK (27)
Foerster (23) - Laughton (30) - Brink (23)
Cates (25) - Poehling (26) - Hathaway (33)
Brink (23), Deslauriers (33)

York (24) - Sanheim (28)
Seeler (31) - Drysdale (22)
Zamula (24) - Risto (30)
Ginning (25) - Attard (25)

Ersson (25), Fedotov (28)

• Haha
Reactions: trostol

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
TK - Frost - Michkov
Farabee - Coots - Tippett
Foerster - Laughts - Brink
Cates - Poehling - Hath

Extra: Deslauriers

York - Sanheim
Seeler - Drysdale
Z - Risto

Extra: EJ

There is not a roster spot to be had on this fricken team. Makes me so mad Seeler, EJ, Hath are all here.

No idea how this team can even say these players have a chance to making the team:
FWD: Samu, Lycksell, Desnoyers, Rizzo, Avon, Abols, Eklind
D: Andrae, Attard, Ginning

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
The forward group isn’t that bad, need a step up from all young players, and a middle 6 center.

The defense is a huge question mark. I know people are pleased with York, but he took a notable step back last year. I have faith he’ll return to good play, but he might not. Drysdale is going to have to have an all world, never before seen-type development. They need another top pairing d man and another guy who can play 18-20min and produce positive results.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
TK - Frost - Michkov
Farabee - Coots - Tippett
Foerster - Laughts - Brink
Cates - Poehling - Hath

Extra: Deslauriers

York - Sanheim
Seeler - Drysdale
Z - Risto

Extra: EJ

There is not a roster spot to be had on this fricken team. Makes me so mad Seeler, EJ, Hath are all here.

No idea how this team can even say these players have a chance to making the team:
FWD: Samu, Lycksell, Desnoyers, Rizzo, Avon, Abols, Eklind
D: Andrae, Attard, Ginning
#rebuild..

LOL..

weird how the roster looks like a rewind and try it again

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The forward group isn’t that bad, need a step up from all young players, and a middle 6 center.

The defense is a huge question mark. I know people are pleased with York, but he took a notable step back last year. I have faith he’ll return to good play, but he might not. Drysdale is going to have to have an all world, never before seen-type development. They need another top pairing d man and another guy who can play 18-20min and produce positive results.

Charlie keeps saying in regards to the organizational expectations for Drysdale next year still isn’t very high. Like if he sucks again they won’t be alarmed. They think he still needs a lot of work in their minds & it might not materialize next year.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
How I see this thing shaking out:

The forwards, if they had a legit 1C, would be a pretty good group. But they don’t so they are average and one or two key injuries away from mediocrity.

The D, if everything goes right, is at best barely league average. At worst, it could be a spectacular train wreck.

The goaltending is another huge question mark and, without good goaltending, the pk will significantly regress. The pp should be at least a little better with the addition of Michkov and a (hopefully) healthy Drysdale. But it’s still run by Rocky so it ain’t gonna improve a lot.

Finally, the players get another year of the God Emperor’s passive aggressive bs and mind games and that likely won’t end well.

Conclusion: they’ll be lucky to reach last years point total and lets hope they don’t because picking 12-14 is not what this team needs. I see them finishing in the 76-81 point range and going into the lottery holding a pick in the 6-9 range.

I also fully expect Laughton to still be a Flyer in April and for Farabee to be the guy most likely dealt for what will probably be an underwhelming return.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Charlie keeps saying in regards to the organizational expectations for Drysdale next year still isn’t very high. Like if he sucks again they won’t be alarmed. They think he still needs a lot of work in their minds & it might not materialize next year.

Sounds like he's trying to pre-emptively extinguish any fires caused by Gauthier entering the league and fans now being able to compare the two in earnest. Always shilling.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Sounds like he's trying to pre-emptively extinguish any fires caused by Gauthier entering the league and fans now being able to compare the two in earnest. Always shilling.

To be fair Charlie always says he disagrees personally with that belief the Flyers have. Charlie admits on there that Drysdale’s career underlying numbers to this point in the NHL have been horrendous & the clock is really ticking on him to show serious improvement.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's an interesting lineup, a few years from being SC competitive, but can probably make the playoffs with average or better goaltending.

York (24) - Sanheim (28)
Zamula (24) - Risto (30)

A few years away from their next half-rebuild is usually the case

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Drysdale wasn't taken 6th by accident, he has a lot of talent, but injuries have stunted his development.
Shaw is the perfect coach for him, b/c he needs to master defensive fundamentals.
But the key will be whether he can stay healthy, add some strength while maintaining his elite speed.

At the time of the trade:

Wheeler: I do wonder if the Flyers start to look a little small. Matvei Michkov, Bobby Brink, Travis Konecny, Morgan Frost up front. Drysdale and Cam York, two like-minded and built players on the backend (though Drysdale’s skating is certainly a cut above York’s, which can help compensate when you’re in that 5-foot-11/6-feet range). Even a cut below that with names like Emil Andrae and Denver Barkey. Suddenly, there are a lot of littler guys (relatively speaking) either established in that group or coming, especially with Sean Couturier on the wrong side of 30. Gauthier and Tyson Foerster were set to give them a bit of a different dimension.

Drysdale can certainly help in the short, medium and long term though. With his mobility and head for the game, he’s going to be an impact guy if he can stay healthy. Make good on that second-rounder and there’s an outcome in which Flyers fans feel good about this all things considered, even if Gauthier becomes an important piece with the Ducks.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA

York (24) - Sanheim (28)
Zamula (24) - Risto (30)

I know that it seems like I am nitpicking, but you have Brink listed on your lineup twice. Just a heads up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad