Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Get Necas for something around Ullmark, maybe a three way trade if Carolina wants a player/picks from one of the teams that needs a goalie. Re-sign Debrusk for 6 mil, and Sway for 7 mil or around there. Necas for 6.5 ish and super cheap depth guys like earlier this year. Not sure how it works cap wise, might be close, but it is aggressive without taking an unnecessary chance on a risky Lindholm or other FA’s. Imagine the speed of a line with Necas and Debrusk. Put Marchand on the LW and his burden will be very reduced.

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd move Carlo yesterday for him. Necas has all world elite skill and is what 25 ? Then I'd address the defense with a Montour , Sjkei, Peski or a Zadarov. I like Carlo, but some games he's all world, others he plays way to soft and makes senseless turnovers and with his history of concussions if he can bring in a talent like Necas its a no-brainer imo.
If we are getting one of those first 3 D…..you got me

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I would definitely revisit the Ullmark/PLD trade and add enough to bring back Englund.

This team needs centers and a LOT more snarl throughout the lineup.

Reactions: capecodder

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
To bad Buffalo is not in the West

They have probably 5 to 6 prospects that would be 1 with us

That’s the bad news

The good news is most of them are top 6 who are used to top 6 minutes prime playing spots and being checked not checking

The Sabres up top are loaded as well

However the saying less is more applies here

The Bruins could use just one of these F who are going to be buried

The same for their D

The guy who would be a perfect fit for Boston is Ryan Johnson - LD Uber underrated

But kinda sorta buried

When you suck going on 15 years and you draft really well last 3-4 this is what happens

Seeeney & Adams appear to be buds I know Adams were both Bruins and Kevyn refers to him as Donny when talking about Boston / can he give some of those kids a break

I’m a top Sabres prospect who wants to play and make money I’m a nervous wreck

I’d be happy with Ryan Johnson - former late first rounder who I see live a couple of times at U Minnesota who looks as smooth controlled smart as they come

But behind Power, Dahlen, Samuelson etc he’s buried and could be a full time third pair here with no one in the rear view

Kulich, Savoie, Rosen, Ostlund, Benson….come on Sweenius make a call free one of these guys

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One of Sweeney best attributes as a GM is recognizing NHL caliber defensive talent. So I feel more than confident he would be able to find a competent or better replacement moving forward.
I like Carlo - a lot. But yah I make the trade for Necas assuming he extends and do as you outlined

great thinking

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
One of Sweeney best attributes as a GM is recognizing NHL caliber defensive talent. So I feel more than confident he would be able to find a competent or better replacement moving forward.
This logic is bizzaro - he's so good at recognizing talent so we should chip away at the talent he's invested in?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'd move Carlo yesterday for him. Necas has all world elite skill and is what 25 ? Then I'd address the defense with a Montour , Sjkei, Peski or a Zadarov. I like Carlo, but some games he's all world, others he plays way to soft and makes senseless turnovers and with his history of concussions if he can bring in a talent like Necas its a no-brainer imo.
I am not giving a Carlo for Necas who is a wing good player but defenseman
Bevy of reasons. Not because I don’t like him. But because I think he has value, we need more offense from the defense and we cannot afford to have any more guys back there with ZERO puck moving ability in our own zone.

Carlo is a great (not good) shutdown d-man. A team will trade for him.
I am not strong on my knowledge of the salary cap, but I can understand what is a value and what is not, Carlo is a value. I also do not believe that weakening one position to strengthen another just is spinning wheels.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Carlo is really good - massive underrated but you get Necas and sign one of those Carolina D UFA or Montour

I freaking hate Montour - but I would love him here

Although the Carolina duo seem like Bruins guys

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
That's something justified: I hate some "let's trade Carlo, just because...". That being said, if a change on defense is the right move them you keep Carlo and trade Lindholm, because we are not getting a top 4 puck moving making $4M. Not to mention, I want some nasty from our defense and I still ready to overpay for Zadorov. So, a possible scenario would be:

Zadorov - McAvoy
puck moving - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke
I also want some "NASTY" on defense, and I would take some upfront, Zadorov is not a top two d-man , and I am not against him, but I will be, and I would like to think you will be when the price tag is announced.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I would definitely revisit the Ullmark/PLD trade and add enough to bring back Englund.

This team needs centers and a LOT more snarl throughout the lineup.

Watching him at the World Championships talk about a heartless, gutless player. I don't think I've seen him skate hard once. Your not getting any snarl out of him, he literally brings nothing to the table.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What makes him garbage?

Can't skate. Liability without the puck. The amount of "grit and sandpaper" he brings is vastly overrated. Total complimentary player. Maybe the most punch-able face in the entire league.

He HAS to produce to justify a line-up spot. Meanwhile he a stretch of 2 months last season where he scored 1 goal.

I didn't want him back last year let alone now when he's most certainly not signing a 1-year deal. He's looking for term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad