Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This is exactly what I’m thinking. I feel like Maroon is the perfect guy to fill the 4th line toughness gap, I don’t think we got anywhere near the best version of him, and I think he both sounds like he wants to be here and should be inexpensive too.

I was ready for them to move on from Maroon until his quote the other day. I will admit, I am a sucker for players who openly profess their love of the Bruins so my judgement is clouded, but I am on board with him resigning as long as it's a Donny Veteran Special and somewhere around 1 mill.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I was ready for them to move on from Maroon until his quote the other day. I will admit, I am a sucker for players who openly profess their love of the Bruins so my judgement is clouded, but I am on board with him resigning as long as it's a Donny Veteran Special and somewhere around 1 mill.
I kind of found his quote over the top the guy has 3 cup rings ,but the highlight of his career was a couple months with the Bruins .lol

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Source? Not doubting you, just wanna read it. I would welcome him back, even though he's kinda scuzzy all around.
Sorry when I said “sounds like he’s out” I was referring to the debrusk reports, just doesn’t seem like either side is urgent to get a deal done

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Sorry when I said “sounds like he’s out” I was referring to the debrusk reports, just doesn’t seem like either side is urgent to get a deal done
Oh I see, I thought it was about Bertuzzi. JDB ain’t scuzzy!

Reactions: CDJ

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Let's not forget the 5th round pick. Sweeney couldn't be bothered to look further than 4 rounds so he swapped it for 5th in 2016 with Minnesota. Minnesota used that pick to pull the rabbit out of the hat in none other than Kirill Kaprizov, 40 goal scorer in his last 3 seasons.
2015 draft has been much talked about for sure, but how about the 2021 draft taking Lysell over Wyatt Johnston? I think Lysell was higher ranked, but man Johnston would look good at center for the Bruins.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sign Lindholm and Necas

Marchand - Lindholm - Pastrnak
Zacha - Coyle - Necas
Frederic - Poitras - Geekie
Brazeau - Beecher - Boqvist

Ultimately you hope Poitras continues to grow his game and take the #2C spot in the next 24 months.
Bingo

Pastrnak, Zacha, and Necas all playing in Worlds tomorrow v USA

Necas recruited Pasta and left #88 for him

Pastrnak will be selling the Bruins to him

He’s an RFA but maybe he can force way out of Carolina

2015 draft has been much talked about for sure, but how about the 2021 draft taking Lysell over Wyatt Johnston? I think Lysell was higher ranked, but man Johnston would look good at center for the Bruins.
How about taking Lohrei and Swayman late ?

I will say though I love to pick and choose to

In fact if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Bingo

Pastrnak, Zacha, and Necas all playing in Worlds tomorrow v USA

Necas recruited Pasta and left #88 for him

Pastrnak will be selling the Bruins to him

He’s an RFA but maybe he can force way out of Carolina

How about taking Lohrei and Swayman late ?

I will say though I love to pick and choose to

In fact if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

That's what I was thinking. With Necas being displeased in Carolina and the Czech players being a small/tight group it wouldn't surprise me seing him here next season. I wonder what BOS would have to offer Carolina to move his RFA rights to us

Reactions: bbfan419

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Stupid question can the Bruins and Sway do a multi year deal where the first year is cheap to keep both Goalies and then get paid in years after once Linus deal is done ?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Stupid question can the Bruins and Sway do a multi year deal where the first year is cheap to keep both Goalies and then get paid in years after once Linus deal is done ?

They can certainly structure the deal in such a way that Sway would get less money next year, and increase over time. That said, it won't change the salary cap number which would be based on the average.

Reactions: HustleB

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
interesting that neely said they want to get faster, but are seemingly going to let debrusk walk.
i certainly wouldn't overpay him, but he does fill a few holes this team has (speed and goals).

also love the idea of getting necas, although not sure what they have to give up. maybe use
return for ullmark plus lysell and whatever else it takes. carolina loves the super skilled
undersized guys from overseas.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
interesting that neely said they want to get faster, but are seemingly going to let debrusk walk.
i certainly wouldn't overpay him, but he does fill a few holes this team has (speed and goals).

also love the idea of getting necas, although not sure what they have to give up. maybe use
return for ullmark plus lysell and whatever else it takes. carolina loves the super skilled
undersized guys from overseas.

I like Necas too, but there are so many guys out there who can score, but will only cost money, that I’d rather see them go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad