Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
How many open roster spots there. I m thinking 2 goalies, 2-4 forwards, another defenseman
That’s with 10 forwards, 6 defensemen and no goaltenders. And includes the buyout penalty for Reilly.

So… roughly $27M for roughly six players?

Roughly $9M for goaltending?

$18M for two top six forwards, a third/fourth line forward and bottom-pair defenseman.

I don’t know if it’s enough. I do something a smidgen more drastic than many here suggest.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Going to be a fun summer. Bruins were good this past season but should be better next year. So many opportunities with cap space for UFAs, trade options, and some young players who proved their worth this year - Potsie, Boquist, Peeke, geek, Brazeau, LowRider, Swayman. Draft will be boring unless trades include picks.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Going to be a fun summer. Bruins were good this past season but should be better next year. So many opportunities with cap space for UFAs, trade options, and some young players who proved their worth this year - Potsie, Boquist, Peeke, geek, Brazeau, LowRider, Swayman. Draft will be boring unless trades include picks.
Could se Ullmark going for picks .

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
How many open roster spots there. I m thinking 2 goalies, 2-4 forwards, another defenseman
IMO these forwards are a lock to be here opening night

Zacha, Pasta, Coyle, Marchand, Geekie, Frederic

These are about 80% certain to be here opening night.
Beecher, Brazeau

That’s 8

So it seems like there are 4 openings for:

A #1 center
Another top 6 forward
JDB or a replacement for him
A physical forward for line 3 or 4
Boqvist
Lysell
Merkulov

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It's Murphy, so,

• Love
Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Think any chance he goes back to Detroit they came within a point of making the playoffs ,weren’t him an Larkin pretty close,also.

They are really good friends. IIRC Larkin was pretty upset when Bert was traded. The problem he ran into with DET is they didn't want to commit to him long-term like he wanted. Unless Bert's expectation has changed or Steve Y, I don't know if there is a path there.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Both sides using the media to try and put pressure on the other. My guess is Boston has given their best offer to DeBrusk and they're ok letting him explore the FA market. I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign with another team that was willing to give him more money.
Whatever happens, I don't think anyone should fault the Bruins if JDB walks. It is clear the Bruins don't think he's worth what he and his agent are asking for and that's ok.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Whatever happens, I don't think anyone should fault the Bruins if JDB walks. It is clear the Bruins don't think he's worth what he and his agent are asking for and that's ok.

I don't know that I fully agree with that, simply because we have no idea what the Bruins are offering and/or what DeBrusk is asking for.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's Murphy, so,

I can see Draisaitl here but my concern what happens if he has a bad couple of games ?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Everyone write down what they were doing the day we saw bruins fans thinking Crosby and Stamkos would be on our top line

You’ll want that as a keepsake some day

#heretohelp

Love,

NeelyDan
Lol, it ain't gonna happen. Personally, I was just playing fantasy.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They are really good friends. IIRC Larkin was pretty upset when Bert was traded. The problem he ran into with DET is they didn't want to commit to him long-term like he wanted. Unless Bert's expectation has changed or Steve Y, I don't know if there is a path there.
Well doesn’t look like anyone was giving him a long term last season,and he didn’t have that great of a season in Toronto did he to expect one this season?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Both sides using the media to try and put pressure on the other. My guess is Boston has given their best offer to DeBrusk and they're ok letting him explore the FA market. I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign with another team that was willing to give him more money.
Well that will be the end of the 2015 draft will it not.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad