2017-18: 0 wins out of 4 ( 0.00% )
2018-19: 16 wins out of 44 ( 36.4% )
2019-20: 13 wins out of 48 ( 27.1% )
2020-21: 36 wins out of 78 ( 46.2 % )
2021-22: 38 wins out of 85 ( 44.7 % )
2022-23: 188 wins out of 417 ( 45.1 % )
2023-24: 47 wins out of 138 ( 34.1 % )
---------------------------------------------------------------
career totals: 338 wins out of 814 ( 41.5 % )

Although after reading his page on the Sports Reference site I'm not sure I want a guy on the Bruins who has " Sugar Boo " as a nickname. :amazed: The only person that should call him that is his wife or girlfriend. :nod:
Yea no thanks. :laugh:

Reactions: Hookslide

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ullmark know he will be traded and he dont want to be a backup so now he know Bruins tandem it s over. He s an elite goalie he have a 15 teams trade list and on this list probably most are good teams and probably some need elite goalie like alot of NHL team. Bruins will get a good return for him a fitst pick and another piece...

Darcy keumper got a return of a 1st/3rd/prospect. So that should be close to what bruins should get for ullmark. The NMC for Ullmark may hurt the return though

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
It sounds like Ullmark doesn’t really want to leave, so I think we’ll be lucky to get a full value. And I think Bahl and the right draft picks is a solid return, depending on the draft picks of course. I wanted Maroon back, but his exit comments today make me feel like he wants to be a Bruin, and I like that.
If the pick is a 1st Rd pick, then sure, as for Maroon, nice he wants to be here, but I think he knows he does not have many options and is looking for another year, but just wanting to be here is not enough, the player has to be able to play and Maroon is no longer able to keep up with the play. Sign someone like Dakota Joshua or for 4th line role Duhaime or someone like that, they can hit and also skate.

Reactions: DaStinger

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I don't think Jake will take 5M/yr. He should but @ 27yo this is his big payday. He might get 6 from a lesser team, but if he wants a Cup and goes to a contender, he won't get 6.
Yeah if money is his only motivation then he ends up on a team that is lower and has no chance to win, but if he wants to contend he takes less money, to me $5M per year for say 5 years is fair if he wants to stay on Boston.

Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Globe:

Willing pitchmen​

Alternate captains Charlie McAvoy and David Pastrnak said they’d be willing to become pitchmen this summer as the Bruins looks to plug some anticipated roster vacancies.

“Are there tampering rules? I need to learn those,” McAvoy said with a smile. “I’d be very happy to do that. I couldn’t see myself playing anywhere other than Boston. I think this is the best city in the world. I think the best fans in the world and I’m so grateful to be here in the city and if I had the opportunity to sell it to people, I’d absolutely jump at it. And I know that this is a unique offseason for us to have some money to spend, I think.

“And if it comes to that point and I’m able to help anybody if they’re looking to come here, I’ve got nothing but good things to say about this place. It’s really special.”

Pastrnak said Boston sells itself.

“I hope that people should be very excited to come play for an organization like the Boston Bruins,” he said. “It’s an honor. Original six. So, I think that’s already enough motivation for players to come here.”

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
This team doesn't need anymore players who need to be inspired to play better, the team needs players who can get the job done right away. So no on PLD!
I hear where you are coming from, I just am not a fan of players that need to be motivated, I just wonder if he could be turned around. I do disagree with you about " anymore players " that need to be motivated, This has been frustrating at times and have individuals have not always played well but I do not think motivation has been a problem with this team.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

I'm not gonna click it. But it's hard for me to really see how another coach figures out how to make guys put in breakaways and empty netters.

I also think some of them need a sports psychiatrist more than a new coach.

I think Sweeney is going to give him this coming year with the new shiny FA toys. If THAT goes poorly (misses playoffs or bumped round 1), he's maybe out.

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
TSN reporting cap of 87.7, if you move Ullmark Bruins have 26M in cap space. Duhaime is 1.5-2.m, Joshua probably 3.5-4m so call it 6 for them combined. Sway is 7-8m. No Zadarov. Lindholm 8, leaves 4 for a wing with no other moves.

You get a number 1 center, number 3 LW with size grit and some scoring ability and a 4th line wing with speed and a great, gritty attitude. Can also add Sherwood or another gritty 4th liner in place of Joshua giving 6+ for a top 6 wing or center. Stephenson probably takes that.
Lindholm
Stephenson
Coyle/Fredric
Beecher
That's pretty good depth at center.
Where's Poitras?

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
There are some key Bruins contracts for summer 2025....like 3/4 of our wingers? And Lohrei.

There might be 7-10M worth of powder easy there that Sweeney needs to keep dry. OR Marchy pulls a Patrice and signs two years 4.5M that offseason kind of thing and we have an easy go of it.

I think that telegraphs that one contract on the wing or C this offseason will be 1x6M kind of thing.

Marchand
Lohrei
Freddy
Geekie
Beecher
Brazeau
Spoon

UFA/RFA all at once is nothing to ignore

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Frederic + Ullmark for Mercer

This roster leaves the Bruins with around $5M of cap space so the Bruins could technically move Zacha to wing and go after Lindholm instead of Bertuzzi while still having some spare change for a bottom paring defenseman.

Bertuzzi ($5.5M AAV) - Zacha - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Mercer ($5.75M AAV)
Trenin ($2.25 AAV) - Merkulov/Poitras - Geekie
Lauko - Beecher - Brazeau
Maroon ($1M AAV)

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Wotherpsoon/X - Peeke
X/Wotherspoon

Swayman ($7.5M AAV)
Bussi ($950k AAV)

Reactions: SPV

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There are some key Bruins contracts for summer 2025....like 3/4 of our wingers? And Lohrei.

There might be 7-10M worth of powder easy there that Sweeney needs to keep dry. OR Marchy pulls a Patrice and signs two years 4.5M that offseason kind of thing and we have an easy go of it.

I think that telegraphs that one contract on the wing or C this offseason will be 1x6M kind of thing.

Marchand
Lohrei
Freddy
Geekie
Beecher
Brazeau
Spoon

UFA/RFA all at once is nothing to ignore

Marchand may be retired at that point, if not his contract likely stays the same short term of goes down
Lohrei Depends on his season, but likely a 2 year bridge deal for 3+ mil
Freddy, Could more than double his salary, and we will see if they keep him . He needs to be better
Geekie, may move on.
Beecher, Brazzeau are likely to small increases on their next deal
Spoon, might stay with a small increase Might move on. Will he even be a starter next year (it's still and open question)

It's not like you are listing a critical group of must signs, who are going to get 10 million more (combined on their next deal). If Marchand decides to retire then you can sign them all savings from Machy

Beyond that You are not likely to find anyone of value willing to sign a 1/6 contract this offseason. There is too much money in the market

Reactions: neelynugs

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
To me, the most glaring issue with this team up front was speed. They had to be the slowest team I watched during these playoffs. Whether it was breaking the puck out of the D zone or getting in on the forecheck, the Bruins struggled mightily in this area. Letting Debrusk walk is only going to exacerbate the issue. And if the replacement is someone like Bertuzzi, sorry no thanks.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

This roster leaves the Bruins with around $5M of cap space so the Bruins could technically move Zacha to wing and go after Lindholm instead of Bertuzzi while still having some spare change for a bottom paring defenseman.

Maroon ($1M AAV)

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Wotherpsoon/X - Peeke
X/Wotherspoon

Swayman ($7.5M AAV)
Bussi ($950k AAV)

It's not bad, but I need Lindholm, not Bertuzzi.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
This is what I hope it happens in offseason.

1. Lysell makes team.
2. Bussi makes team
3 linus traded for a 1st round pick.
4 sign E. Lindholm
5 sign tyler bertuzzi
6 sign jake .( leaf killer)
What you guys think?

Reactions: bbfan419

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This is what I hope it happens in offseason.

1. Lysell makes team.
2. Bussi makes team
3 linus traded for a 1st round pick.
4 sign E. Lindholm
5 sign tyler bertuzzi
6 sign jake .( leaf killer)
What you guys think?

I think 1 is unrealistic. Even more so if you sign both Jake and Bertuzzi. no real place for Lysel to play at that poiht

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Maroon ($1M AAV)

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Wotherpsoon/X - Peeke
X/Wotherspoon

Swayman ($7.5M AAV)
Bussi ($950k AAV)

Skip Bert and just go sign Lindholm. Running it back with Coyle/Zacha in the Top 6 C roles is suicide

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Stephenson is a better center than Zacha by a decent amount. Faster and will hit more than Zacha.
Zacka, had over 100 hits, Stephenson, did not even have 50 hits this year, he never ever had a 100 hits in a year. I must admit last year he was a monster in the playoffs, prior to that and including this year, 70 games-5 goals-19 pts......... good face off man except the playoffs. He also is 4 years older. I think you should rethink that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad