Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Raycroft also said today that he thought he’d want to go somewhere where he’d be the #1, so he can make himself more marketable for FA next summer.

Can definitely see both scenarios making sense, especially if Sweeney wants to move him to a location that he prefers.
Ullmark know he will be traded and he dont want to be a backup so now he know Bruins tandem it s over. He s an elite goalie he have a 15 teams trade list and on this list probably most are good teams and probably some need elite goalie like alot of NHL team. Bruins will get a good return for him a fitst pick and another piece...

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Ullmark know he will be traded and he dont want to be a backup so now he know Bruins tandem it s over. He s an elite goalie he have a 15 teams trade list and on this list probably most are good teams and probably some need elite goalie like alot of NHL team. Bruins will get a good return for him a fitst pick and another piece...

I posted earlier that I hope they get a 1 and/or young prospects for him because they have money this off season to bring players in, but what they spend this summer might handcuff them in coming years.

It would be nice to have some young and cheap talent in the pipeline for 2026 or so.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

If Sweeney can get that , he should be named Executive of the Year before the ink dries.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The one thing about Ullmark, regardless of his list, that may entice him to move is if Sweeney can get a club to offer an extension as a contingency. Linus may reconsider if someone was to give him 4 or 5 years at a decent rate.
Reminds me of a story Brian Burke told in his book about getting Kaberle to waive his NTC in 2011:

Burke to Kaberle: Give me a list of teams you will accept a trade too.
Kaberle calls his agent.
Agent to Burke: We have a NTC
Burke to agent: I didn't sign him
Burke to agent: Okay, give me a list or he sits the remainder of the year
Agent to Burke: Boston.

There are always ways to get players to waive and I think I know how that convo would go with Linus. It would be much more civil than Burke/Kaberle.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Why is everyone clamoring for Lindholm so badly? He had a crazy season three years ago but aside from that I don't see an 8 million a year kind of player. Am i just underating him? I feel like he's the type of signing you start to regret in pretty short order.

For me he's a guy that over the last 5 years plays at a fringe 30G/65P pace while winning nearly 54% of his faceoffs and being one of the top defensive forwards in the NHL.

To take it a step further, over the last 5 years he ranks the following among centers....

G - 19th
A - 31st
P - 23rd
FO% - 33rd

Players today are staying effective deeper into their 30's. Lets say you sign him to a 7yr deal that pays him till he's 36. Unless there is some significant injury issues down the road, at worst he's likely an elite 3C in the last few years of his deal. He then the cap will be over $100 million and his CH% won't be significantly high.

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Does anyone think going big money and long term with Swayman is a gamble he hasn’t even had one season as the number 1 does he get a long term contract based on 12 playoff games.Just being a devils,advocate on this.

Reactions: Yeti34

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It’s just funny a couple years back I brought up Monahan for cheap and everyone said he was done…washed up…absolute trash.

Now boom…he’s in the top tier discussion. Things change quick.

Sounds like a volatile player. Not paying the inflated price. No thanks.

He is awful. Go ask all the Jets fans that don’t want him back at all. The pace of the playoffs and his lead feet don’t work.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Reminds me of a story Brian Burke told in his book about getting Kaberle to waive his NTC in 2011:

Burke to Kaberle: Give me a list of teams you will accept a trade too.
Kaberle calls his agent.
Burke to agent: I didn't sign him
Burke to agent: Okay, give me a list or he sits the remainder of the year
Agent to Burke: Boston.

There are always ways to get players to waive and I think I know how that convo would go with Linus. It would be much more civil than Burke/Kaberle.
Brian Burke is an absolute legend and a great man

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
It going to be interesting to see what happens with Linus if he wants to be the guy there could be something
I'm not even sure if Linus cares if he is "the guy". You would like to think so but not really sure if he is wired that way.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I would love to trade Ullmark for Necas' rights...

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
if I’m Ullmark my thoughts
1. Swayman is their future
2. I want to play and in a place I’m comfortable playing and living
3. I will talk to agent make a list where I want to go and see if it’s a possibility & discuss with Sweens

Bussi all accounts is ready and can’t be sent without clearing waivers

Devils have Nico & Hughes who push down all the other C and take 75-80% of PP minutes

I’m Donny I go back for availability of Mercer

They got Nico, Hughes, Bratt, and Meier they can move Mercer

He’s got that Peter McNab production to me

The Devils shouldn’t do a 1:1 but the scale can be adjusted
I don't know, 39.02 faceoff win percentage and is a minus 29 over his career is worrisome but at least he's young and can improve.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The thing about Frederic is that he is going to want a pretty big raise next summer. Lorhei and Geekie, too. You can see why he could be in play. Especially to a team that thinks the Bruins are under using him on the 3rd line.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Sprong is 27 and hasn't really cashed in. With a lot of teams with money this offseason, I have to assume he is going to try to maximize hi earnings as this is his one big chance. Nice enough player, but I have to think he is going to be looking for 5 years in the 15-20 million total range, and with the amount of money available this offseason I suspect some GM will give it to him. I don't want to be that team
Sprong is a cancer. He was when he played Q in my hometown. Just a complete asshole with a major attitude. Wouldn't speak teammates, demanded to be treated like a king, wouldn't speak to fans or take part in any community events. Just had a diva, better than everyone attitude. It may have changed but he was an absolute all around nightmare of a human being that everyone who came in contact with hated with a passion.. I've followed him bouncing around team to team and was not shocked whatsoever that he hasn't stuck anywhere long term.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I found this from last season on statmuse but not sure out of how many faceoffs.

According to Sports Reference here are the career faceoff totals for Necas:

2017-18: 0 wins out of 4 ( 0.00% )
2018-19: 16 wins out of 44 ( 36.4% )
2019-20: 13 wins out of 48 ( 27.1% )
2020-21: 36 wins out of 78 ( 46.2 % )
2021-22: 38 wins out of 85 ( 44.7 % )
2022-23: 188 wins out of 417 ( 45.1 % )
2023-24: 47 wins out of 138 ( 34.1 % )
---------------------------------------------------------------
career totals: 338 wins out of 814 ( 41.5 % )

Although after reading his page on the Sports Reference site I'm not sure I want a guy on the Bruins who has " Sugar Boo " as a nickname. :amazed: The only person that should call him that is his wife or girlfriend. :nod:

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad