Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Why is everyone clamoring for Lindholm so badly? He had a crazy season three years ago but aside from that I don't see an 8 million a year kind of player. Am i just underating him? I feel like he's the type of signing you start to regret in pretty short order.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Why is everyone clamoring for Lindholm so badly? He had a crazy season three years ago but aside from that I don't see an 8 million a year kind of player. Am i just underating him? I feel like he's the type of signing you start to regret in pretty short order.

Or, he’s only 29 and still in his prime and will flourish with Pasta and Zacha.

If the rumors are true and the cap is going to go up considerably in the next few years, I’d say get him while you can.

Plus, he’s good enough defensively, he can slot down to 2C or 3C as he ages and it’s won’t kill your cap.

Who knows how things will go, but he’s a better center than they had this year and they have a need.

People said the same about Trochek and he’s been excellent for NYR.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

He's easily the best Center on the FA market. He is a elite 200 foot player, he can shoot, he can pass and excellent on faceoffs. And he is a relatively physical player (he can hold up against physical opponents).

Yeah he had a bad season in that disaster that was Calgary, then struggled a bit to acclimate to Vancouver

If he comes to Boston I expect him to average 65+ points for the next 5 years, maybe he'll tail off some the last couple of years

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- Zacha, Ullmark to Colorado for Mittelstadt, O'Conner, picks

- sign the Vancouver trio

- DeBrusk comes back

Joshua -- Lindholm -- Pasta

Marchand -- Mittelstadt -- DeBrusk

Freddy -- Coyle -- Geekie

Lauko -- Beecher -- O'Conner

Maroon, Brazeau

Zadorov -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Lohrei -- Peeke

Wotherspoon, Regula

Swayman
Bussi

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
It’s just funny a couple years back I brought up Monahan for cheap and everyone said he was done…washed up…absolute trash.

Now boom…he’s in the top tier discussion. Things change quick.

Sounds like a volatile player. Not paying the inflated price. No thanks.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It’s just funny a couple years back I brought up Monahan for cheap and everyone said he was done…washed up…absolute trash.

Now boom…he’s in the top tier discussion. Things change quick.

Sounds like a volatile player. Not paying the inflated price. No thanks.

For cheap short term he was an interesting investment. For 5-7 years at 5.5 million + I'll let someone like Utah have him

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Martin Necas is a guy they should add, sounds like he may become available.

I would take Jake over Bertuzzi, but if they could add Bert, why not? He had chemistry with Pasta.

Some of the other ideas about Duhaime, Joshua or Monohan are good targets.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
IMG_3999.jpeg

Trade Ullmark to Jersey for Bahl and draft picks
Sign Sway, Jake, Maroon, Stephenson, and Bert.

Solid top three lines, good grind on the fourth, heavier defense.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
View attachment 873302

Trade Ullmark to Jersey for Bahl and draft picks
Sign Sway, Jake, Maroon, Stephenson, and Bert.

Solid top three lines, good grind on the fourth, heavier defense.
Little too much $ for Stephenson, I would want more than that for Ullmark, at least Mercer and I really want no part of Maroon on this team anymore.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I agree with most of what is being said about DuBois, but why do I have this feeling he got someone to reach him he might be worth a shot. Believe me I hate players that just piss their careers away with the skill set of this guy. Does anyone think getting a third team involved makes it a deal more palatable with a lower contract ?
This team doesn't need anymore players who need to be inspired to play better, the team needs players who can get the job done right away. So no on PLD!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If you can get someone like Mercer, I think the Bruins have to do it. The Bruins should go after Dakota Joshua in free agency before the move though to bolster that 3rd line.
I like Joshua but he’s Tocchet binky and loves Vancouver- place is beautiful

Reactions: Absurdity

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think Jake will take 5M/yr. He should but @ 27yo this is his big payday. He might get 6 from a lesser team, but if he wants a Cup and goes to a contender, he won't get 6.
I almort Feel like they decided to let him go - he’s late 20’s and any deal puts him into 30’s

I like him and i could be 100 % wrong but seems like it

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I like it.

Not a huge Zacha as center fan, but that’s a lot of offense in the top 6 and Stephenson would make the 2nd line legit.
Yeah, I agree , I’d ideally like Zacha at wing, but I really feel strongly about a guy like Bert in the top six. We don’t have anyone there that can provide what he can. And I think those three had good chemistry last year

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Little too much $ for Stephenson, I would want more than that for Ullmark, at least Mercer and I really want no part of Maroon on this team anymore.
It sounds like Ullmark doesn’t really want to leave, so I think we’ll be lucky to get a full value. And I think Bahl and the right draft picks is a solid return, depending on the draft picks of course. I wanted Maroon back, but his exit comments today make me feel like he wants to be a Bruin, and I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad