2024-25 RFA UFA speculation/armchair GMing

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Only Edvinsson and Danielson would have any sort of significant role. We can't keep waiting forever for these players to make the team and make an impact, or DBC/Larkin will age out and another rebuild will start with Seider/Raymond being in their late 20s instead. The Wings need to try and make a push with Larkin still in his prime; at least that's my view.

Mazur playing 12 minutes on the 4th line instead of some other 4th line scrub is not going to be the difference. Johansson playing 15 minutes on the third pair will be a significant upgrade on Holl or Petry. Kasper playing 14 minutes on the 3rd line instead of Joe Veleno is not going to be the difference. Ed needs a top 4 role to get better and we need him to be a top defenseman, or we're screwed anyway.

The only thing I might agree with you on is Danielson in the top 6 - but I think his style of play fits perfectly with the pro game and he doesn't have much to gain from juniors anymore. AHL would be fine too, but I think he makes the team better. Again that's just my hunch/view.

The team I posted has essentially the same level of offense as last year. Stamkos replaces Kane and is better IMO; apart from that it's replacing Sprong/Perron/Fabbri with Danielson/Kasper/Mazur, and I really don't think that's a big ask. The difference is that the defense is much better - Theodore replaces Ghost, Roy replaces Maatta, Chiarot replaces Walman, Johansson replaces Petry, and Ed gets a bigger role.

I don't disagree on alot of that. Perfect off season is high end top 6 forward additions and top 4 pairing additions on defense, a goalie upgrade and let the youth trickle into the line up and promote when it seems fit. I'm more so setting my self up to not be disappointed if we see alot less , just because there is only so many of those guys available and teams closer to competing that are more attractive to those guys. Hope Yzerman proves me wrong and we he hits it out of the park this summer and we suddenly are a destination for guys. We saw a small sample of it with Debrincat basically just wanting to be here, so the tides are turning.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
That 7.5 mil is alot and he would likely want a raise after next year. I'd rather pay Roy 5.5ish
No one is going to give Ekblad a raise, the way i see it is that Ekblad will be looking for a term more than money. Everybody knows his injury conserns so i would make sense to take a longest possible contract, that will give more financial security than 3x7.5 deal. And everyone always freak out about the term but if the body gives up, just LTIR him.

Most of the teams in NHL is going after Roy, he's going to get more than 5.5ish in the UFA markets. Didn't LA already offer around 6? 5.5ish is more likely Ekblad's next cap hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winger98

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
• Veteran agent Pat Brisson could be seen Saturday at Sphere meeting with Red Wings GM Steve Yzerman regarding pending UFA Patrick Kane.

“We’re still talking to Detroit,” Brisson said. “The intention is to try and work something out.”

• Love
Reactions: PelagicJoe

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
• Veteran agent Pat Brisson could be seen Saturday at Sphere meeting with Red Wings GM Steve Yzerman regarding pending UFA Patrick Kane.

“We’re still talking to Detroit,” Brisson said. “The intention is to try and work something out.”

I really hope if we resign Kane that we move out Beggren for something else.. Some size and speed in the top 6 in mandatory

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
lol, I got warned by Troll Stomper and banned from the Trouba thread for my Swamp Thing comment. HFBoards can hit you with miles of ads, some of them not really child appropriate, but heaven forbid you make an off-color joke.

@Bench I didn't mean my body should be the one thrown on the pyre.
1000018578.gif

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I bet SY has his eyes and ears on Tampa...very clearly going after Guentzel.. to sign him Stamkos is a casualty...to sign both, Cirelli may become available...

My best guess....

Raymond 7 x 7.85
Seider 6 x 8.15
He scares me because he has only put up 40 points on THOSE teams. He has scored 20 goals once.

And he's making 6.25m for 7 more years.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
We need Razor and Seider to take team friendly deals. They are both not worth 8M...

They absolutely are. Now, maybe you can convince both to come in a little less, but I doubt it with the cap pegged to skyrocket in the next couple years.

What might possibly happen if they have blood sucking agents is that they demand bridges for a couple years knowing it's gonna boom (like 2x6 or 3x6.5 or something like that, thinking the cap will shoot up in the short run and instead of 8x8, they get 8x10 in a couple years.

6,6, 80-84 for a total of 92-96m vs 64 (8x8) or even 72 (8x9).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad