2024-25: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
1725563897202.png

Allentown Morning Call
American Hockey League
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Inside AHL Hockey

ECHL
1725563836966.png

Reading Eagle
Reading Royals
Miscellaneous

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
2021-22Lehigh Valley PhantomsAHLHead7629320150.480Out of Playoffs
2022-23Lehigh Valley PhantomsAHLHead723729060.556Lost in Qualifying Round
2023-24Lehigh Valley PhantomsAHLHead723231090.507Lost in round 2

Would be great if one of the spineless media members actually took them to task for their loyalty to Lappy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lappy will never coach for the Flyers.
I suspect his job is to "hand hold" prospects while the assistant coaches do the real work.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Pittsburgh if their age finally catches up to them - if Sullivan is fired, he may come here as a "special advisor" until his contract plays out, and be Torts' replacement.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It's quite obvious that Laperriere will be eventually replacing Tortorella as HC
Don't see Torst giving his ok for that to happen.

I suspect his job is to "hand hold" prospects while the assistant coaches do the real work.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Pittsburgh if their age finally catches up to them - if Sullivan is fired, he may come here as a "special advisor" until his contract plays out, and be Torts' replacement.
That would be a very dumb approach.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Don't see Torst giving his ok for that to happen.

That would be a very dumb approach.
Why. Most "coaching" in terms of development is done by assistant coaches and other personnel.
If Lappy isn't a great strategist, who cares?
The purpose of the AHL team is to develop players.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Why. Most "coaching" in terms of development is done by assistant coaches and other personnel.
If Lappy isn't a great strategist, who cares?
The purpose of the AHL team is to develop players.
Anything to back this up at the AHL level? Then why have a head coach?

Flyers are not very good at that now, are they?

Reactions: Tripod

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Pretty sad how irrelevant the Flyers and their loyalty to Laperriere has made the Phantoms.

No kidding. As a kid I loved when the Bears played the. Adirondack red wings…grew up in upstate ny. That Calder cup final still burns in my memory. Tim Tookey, Hextall in net … what a series. I was rooting for the wings as they were our local team but knew the bears were Flyers affiliate.

That wings team had Probert, basil mc rae, Barry melrose and I think Adam Oates was there at that time

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
All with playing AHL vets over the younger players. If they could get away with having a team full of AHL veterans they would do it.
There's a limit to how many veterans you can play in the AHL.
And you want some veterans, especially at center and on defense, to help prospects develop.
Not much good being a shooting winger (Tuomaala) if you have to play with a center with limited skill.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
MUST. DEFEND. EVERYTHING.
MUST. ATTACK. EVERYTHING

I can't get excited over Lappy, one way or another.

If the AHL call-ups look like they're well coached (talent is another issue, but nothing AHL coaching can mend), I'm happy. Don't care who's responsible, as long as the product is fine.

I'm happy they added Richard and Rizzo, b/c players like Tuomaala and Gendron will have a center who can make plays, and the team is faster than last season. They'll start adding more prospects next season, when the 2023 draft is AHL eligible. Right now they don't have enough legitimate prospects in LHV that you have to worry about their PT.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Even if that's your suspicion, in your quest to absolve the Flyers of all blame in everything they do, it's a terrible idea

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
MUST. ATTACK. EVERYTHING

I can't get excited over Lappy, one way or another.

If the AHL call-ups look like they're well coached (talent is another issue, but nothing AHL coaching can mend), I'm happy. Don't care who's responsible, as long as the product is fine.

I'm happy they added Richard and Rizzo, b/c players like Tuomaala and Gendron will have a center who can make plays, and the team is faster than last season. They'll start adding more prospects next season, when the 2023 draft is AHL eligible. Right now they don't have enough legitimate prospects in LHV that you have to worry about their PT.
Sorry I don't defend everything a team has done while missing the playoffs 5/6 years.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Does Lappy even have a style of play? Its looked like pond hockey with the Phantoms whenever I have seen them play. The guys get their names called; they go over the boards and do whatever they pretty much want.

The Flyers don't care. As long as he talks about defense being the most important thing they'll allow him to become their scapegoat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad