GDT: 2024-25 other games around the league

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Devils have so many good RD. Hamilton, Pesce, Nemec, Casey, Kovacevic. Hopefully we can acquire one of the three younger guys at some point.

Surprised you like Casey, he’s 5’10! He’d be an excellent target, shame we didn’t just take him instead of Havelid (one pick sooner). He’s got awesome feel for the game I really like him.

Left side is awfully good too with Hughes, Silayev, Siegenthaler, and Dillon. Got to think one of Nemec or Casey gets moved. Casey seems like the obvious choice, but maybe they move Nemec for a center to push Hughes to wing. Not sure who’s out there but they could move Nemec and futures and still be loaded.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Surprised you like Casey, he’s 5’10! He’d be an excellent target, shame we didn’t just take him instead of Havelid (one pick sooner). He’s got awesome feel for the game I really like him.

Left side is awfully good too with Hughes, Silayev, Siegenthaler, and Dillon. Got to think one of Nemec or Casey gets moved. Casey seems like the obvious choice, but maybe they move Nemec for a center to push Hughes to wing. Not sure who’s out there but they could move Nemec and futures and still be loaded.
Havelid over Casey is our parting gift from our good friend Doug Wilson Jr.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Mason Lorhei is really good.

Not to go all Hodge, but man did we ever biff the 2020 draft. Could have had Peterka, Faber, and Lorhei instead of Wiesblatt, Bordeleau, and Robins.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Their defense is too for them to be as bad as us, they have 3 players that would be our #1 option with a bullet on the back end
On paper they may be better, but they look like a team that just doesn't care, which is impressive to be at that level this early in the season.

• Wow

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
On paper they may be better, but they look like a team that just doesn't care, which is impressive to be at that level this early in the season.
The difference is they have the talent to stay in games even if they're disengaged, we're so talent-thin on the backend that we have to be pushing at 100% effort just to have a chance to win on any given night

I don't think Buffalo is very good, but we're going to be much worse

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Mason Lorhei is really good.

Not to go all Hodge, but man did we ever biff the 2020 draft. Could have had Peterka, Faber, and Lorhei instead of Wiesblatt, Bordeleau, and Robins.
Given who was in charge of scouting, I am not surprised at all...I'm going to be a bit more worried if Grier and his team start missing in the draft because they seem to know what they're doing. DW Jr was always a nepotism hire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad