NFL: 2024-25 NFL News, Notes, Other Probably Dumb Stuff and the Like (Bryce Young benched)

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Plus their issues with tickets.

Houston got 2004 and 2017. From 2028 working backwards.
Atl, SF, LA, AZ, NO will have hosted 2 since Dallas hosted. Wonder if Texas is still going to be in the loop from 2029 to 2035?

Atlanta
LA
SF
NO
LV
AZ
LA
TB
Miami
Atl
Min
Hou
SF
AZ
NY
NO
Indy
Dal
I'm guessing there's basically no chance Detroit ever hosts it again?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
This team needs a better OC, Telesco and Pierce are fine, just need better football decisions on personnel. They need to draft a QB this draft. Brady didn't invest his time in the Raiders just to make money, he wants to win football games.

Brady owns 5%. Is he really going to be heavily involved in the Raiders' football operations when he's got a 10-year contract has a broadcaster and other engagements?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm guessing there's basically no chance Detroit ever hosts it again?
Min, Indy, Det were awarded a SB due to their cities contributing to a new stadium. They are not getting another SB. It's a one time thank you to give the city a one time boon on tourism for SB weekend.

It does seem like the NFL is preferring LA, SF, LV, AZ, Mia, NO and their main 6, with ATL (they have some bad weather at times in mid Feb.) with Ten likely to be part of the mix when their new stadium opens.

I do wonder if the 2 Texas stadiums are going down further on the list moving forward. Dallas, will be 17 years at least for them. Houston, LA will have hosted twice since they last hosted, and SF who hosted the year before Houston did last time, is getting another one.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The experience in Dallas must be much worse than we heard at the time for them to have never gone back there. And I can’t imagine that it’s because of the city itself.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If this is a way to oust that stank ass Mark Davis, so be it
Well, the partnership agreement with the other minority owners gives the Davis family control over decision making. That's why he can afford to drop his ownership stake below 40%. He had 47% before the sale to Brady and his partners.
And does Brady really have $300 mill to drop into the Raiders? Because, using the Wash comp at $6 billion, then 10% is $600 mill and half that is $300 mill.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The experience in Dallas must be much worse than we heard at the time for them to have never gone back there. And I can’t imagine that it’s because of the city itself.

The arena itself is fairly isolated from the urban areas, and last I recall the only way to get to it was via car. Maybe that changed for the Super Bowl, but I'm sure something like that might've rubbed some league officials the wrong way.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The arena itself is fairly isolated from the urban areas, and last I recall the only way to get to it was via car. Maybe that changed for the Super Bowl, but I'm sure something like that might've rubbed some league officials the wrong way.
Didn’t Dallas build stuff around the stadium? But it is Texas and they have plenty of land. Thus a lot of driving so large parking lots needed.

Levis stadium is in Santa Clara so not in SF. Yet they’ve gotten a second game coming up.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Didn’t Dallas build stuff around the stadium? But it is Texas and they have plenty of land. Thus a lot of driving so large parking lots needed.

Levis stadium is in Santa Clara so not in SF. Yet they’ve gotten a second game coming up.

The stadium is in Arlington, which is between Fort Worth and Dallas.

Same area as the Rangers' stadium and Six Flags.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
lost in all of the brady news is that his former teammate (and former raider) richard seymour also acquired an ownership stake with the team
If we use a floor of valuation of $6 billion to match Washington, for each 1% ownership stake is $60 million. Seymour earned $90 mill in his playing days. Brady earned $333 mill from his playing days and much more than Seymour in endorsements.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If we use a floor of valuation of $6 billion to match Washington, for each 1% ownership stake is $60 million. Seymour earned $90 mill in his playing days. Brady earned $333 mill from his playing days and much more than Seymour in endorsements.
seymour's made some extra $$$ in recent years playing poker

• Wow
Reactions: Melrose Munch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad