NFL: 2024-25 NFL News, Notes, Other Probably Dumb Stuff and the Like (Bryce Young benched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

As I was saying in the Deshaun thread, QB play is getting worse and worse in the game. They don't practice and they don't let them develop, the new generation of QB's are glorified scramblers.
Combo of no pre-season for starters? And the retirement of Brady, Ryan, Rivers, etc. Injury to Rodgers, decline of Watson/Russell. Lots of new starters in 2024 that were not starters in the early 2020's.

Also with Defences, if they don't play either in the PS, are they in shape to handle the run early on come Q4? Is scoring down however? No difference to a HC/OC is they run or pass for a TD.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

All off season, “Pay the man!!!”

Man gets paid, no offseason workouts, 2 games, 6 receptions and 71 yards with no TD’s.

Not sure how much ‘rust’ Aiyuk has but he’s not helping himself on the field with some bad plays. I’m happy he got the bag but show us something my dude.
Chase same thing. Lamb had his contract issues, but has put up numbers.

Always best to get it taken care of early.

My friend's tween daughters are now Bengals fans because of Burrow and Chase. Told him, that is tough to like a team with a cheap owner (Bengals, Cards) and/or bad owners (Commanders (Synder), Panthers, Raiders (not a Mark Davis fan)).

Tepper thought ‘OMGZ Alabama QB!!!!’
In truth, he got the Menards version of Jamarcus Russell
Bryce has nothing to hang his hat on. No great physical abilities, nor accuracy. At that size, you need something. Heck, at any size you need something.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK

As I was saying in the Deshaun thread, QB play is getting worse and worse in the game. They don't practice and they don't let them develop, the new generation of QB's are glorified scramblers.
I think that's too big of a drop to pin it on poorer QB play. It's part of it, but I think defences are better now too (more talent, better schemes) and have been able to even up the playing field.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Season probably officially over with this.

Methinks Dolphins fans who have endlessly bitched about Tua are going to get a rude awakening. I'm not the biggest fan of the guy myself, but i also acknowledge it could get far worse than him.

That, and i hope he does some serious thinking over these next 6 weeks. Brain injuries don't get better with time man.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Methinks Dolphins fans who have endlessly bitched about Tua are going to get a rude awakening. I'm not the biggest fan of the guy myself, but i also acknowledge it could get far worse than him.

That, and i hope he does some serious thinking over these next 6 weeks. Brain injuries don't get better with time man.
Hear me out here: smaller QB without a big arm who's go-to should be anticipatory throws and was fostered under Saban at Bama.

Young to Miami?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

He definitely should. I mean you can’t return to the nfl and play scared. Players have no issues with QB sliding on first and second down. But the money downs on 3rd and 4th, hard to lead an O if you slide at your own 39 to avoid contact when absorbing contact would have gotten the first down. Most HC are punting on 4th and short inside their 40. And on 4th down, can’t be sliding short of the line of the gain if you have a shot at converting.

But playing regularly may also get him concussed again.

So he’s unlikely to have it both ways.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Hear me out here: smaller QB without a big arm who's go-to should be anticipatory throws and was fostered under Saban at Bama.

Young to Miami?
Yeah, Chris Canty & Evan Cohen have really been pushing this idea the past 2 days. My problem is, with as bad as the Dolphins OL continues to be, won't he have the same issues Tua has had as far as having to rush the plays & making similar in game mistakes that has cost Tua? I do admit, its an intriguing thought, though.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, Chris Canty & Evan Cohen have really been pushing this idea the past 2 days. My problem is, with as bad as the Dolphins OL continues to be, won't he have the same issues Tua has had as far as having to rush the plays & making similar in game mistakes that has cost Tua? I do admit, its an intriguing thought, though.
Not enough quality OL and Coaching these days. Plus reduced padded practices.
Kind of why you need your QB to have some mobility to buy time.
The formerly stout Ravens OL has looked bad this season.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Panthers can't trade Young yet. It's just not realistic.
Yeah, it won't be this season.

And this kind of complaint from Kiper also isn't wrong. It also has applied to a bunch of QBs drafted very high by terrible teams. So often they go to a bad team where the coaching staff gets turned over a bunch because they are a bad team.

Maybe Young doesn't have it. But the Panthers seem determined to do everything possible to make sure their decision on what to do with him is based on near useless information.

Reactions: Peat and LT

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Normally i'd say i get it but dude...you played like ass on Sunday.

From what i saw, the Panthers o-line was actually alright. Didn't change the fact Bryce had pisspoor footwork, couldn't hit on the throws that were open and was so obviously playing scared.

Also, maybe don't take the offseason off next time as he spoke of in a quote;

"I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it."

"Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

Chase Daniel also did a decent breakdown of why he was benched;

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Chase Daniel is an HFB poster

Win-win-win trade. Dolphins get a really good QB who has won a SB in the past, the Panthers get a 2nd and a 3rd for what can only be viewed as a massive bust at this point, and the Rams literally won the SB a few years ago so they have no right to complain about how they're getting screwed, giving up Stafford and a 3rd for Young.

• Haha
Reactions: DaaaaB's

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Normally i'd say i get it but dude...you played like ass on Sunday.

From what i saw, the Panthers o-line was actually alright. Didn't change the fact Bryce had pisspoor footwork, couldn't hit on the throws that were open and was so obviously playing scared.

Also, maybe don't take the offseason off next time as he spoke of in a quote;

Chase Daniel also did a decent breakdown of why he was benched;

HC is also probably wanting to see if his offence can actually work with better QB play. Also doesn’t want to lose the locker room with how putrid Young has played.

Everyone knew going in this was a QB development year but they want to see something and so far nothing out of Young.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Win-win-win trade. Dolphins get a really good QB who has won a SB in the past, the Panthers get a 2nd and a 3rd for what can only be viewed as a massive bust at this point, and the Rams literally won the SB a few years ago so they have no right to complain about how they're getting screwed, giving up Stafford and a 3rd for Young.
Sounds good until you apply the money.

And that the Rams aren’t throwing in the towel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad