2024-25 New Goalie Gear Setups and Masks

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I will never ever understand how anyone can open a box from Dave, look at the mask, and be excited. If a five old did this kind of work it might be fridge worthy, but only because you’d feel obligated.

I'm about 50/50 on his stuff, some of it is astoundingly good and some of it is absolutely repulsive. That Islanders design that someone recently posted is among the worst mask art designs I've ever seen in my entire life. In fact I'll just say it, it is the absolute worst thing I've ever seen.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I'm about 50/50 on his stuff, some of it is astoundingly good and some of it is absolutely repulsive. That Islanders design that someone recently posted is among the worst mask art designs I've ever seen in my entire life. In fact I'll just say it, it is the absolute worst thing I've ever seen.
I think is sucks too but clearly Varly likes the style for some reason
1728198142232.png

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Dave’s hubris is astounding. I’m amazed he hasn’t broken vertebrae patting himself on the back for all the “tech” he’s apparently invented.
My issue with almost all of his work is you have absolutely no idea what most of the masks are supposed to show. I miss the days of a clearly designed mask that's "readable." Almost all of his masks are a total mess. His more subdued and calm masks are generally quite nice but all the lens flares and tech ruin the vast majority of his work. Thankfully there are a handful of other artists who are infinitely better.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
My issue with almost all of his work is you have absolutely no idea what most of the masks are supposed to show. I miss the days of a clearly designed mask that's "readable." Almost all of his masks are a total mess. His more subdued and calm masks are generally quite nice but all the lens flares and tech ruin the vast majority of his work. Thankfully there are a handful of other artists who are infinitely better.
Exactly. No matter what the colour, logo, or team, they seem to all look the same. Cluttered messes of more is more.
“Readable” is a perfect word for a good mask. Not this “deeper into the story” vomit he throws on everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad