OT: 2024-25 NCAA Hockey Thread

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Time for a new thread.

I’m not sure what’s more amusing to start the year, Charlie Stramel at 1C for Michigan State or that the gophers have 4 captains and 2 alternates.

Anyways, let’s go red!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Time for a new thread.

I’m not sure what’s more amusing to start the year, Charlie Stramel at 1C for Michigan State or that the gophers have 4 captains and 2 alternates.

Anyways, let’s go red!
I believe they call this "no more excuses".

Not a great start though, it seems.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Scoring might be problem for Wisconsin this year. Lost 4-2 to Lindenwood in a game they outshot them 36-19. Zero scoring touch from a lot of the players. Scarfone did not look good in net. Really bad first game.

On the flip side, both Morrissey and Hensler looked really good to my eyes.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Best series of the year. Gophers-Bulldogs.
Youngest son UMD grad, pops die hard Gopher fan. Good times.

Pretty amazing that the Dogs have three national championships since the last time the Gophs have won, especially with all the talented players who have chosen the Twin Cities campus. What a rivalry.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Badgers dominate the last 30 minutes versus Ohio State, but have an attribute score of 99 in the "inability to score goals with great chances" category. Lost in OT with around 10 seconds left.

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
Anyone here watchin Minn games that can provide some observations on Matthew Wood starts with this new team? 7 points in 4 games looks good but beyond that, I'm wondering whether he sticks out as someone who can be a full time NHLer within 2 years or beyond. Thanks

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Anyone here watchin Minn games that can provide some observations on Matthew Wood starts with this new team? 7 points in 4 games looks good but beyond that, I'm wondering whether he sticks out as someone who can be a full time NHLer within 2 years or beyond. Thanks
Smart player, finds the right spots on the ice, great shot. Would need to see a lot more, but my impression is he would be a complimentary player at the NHL level, more of a finisher than a driver of possession. Those kinds of guys are harder to project and rely a bit more on their specific situations.

Could he be in the NHL in two years? Maybe if everything went perfectly, but when would he likely be an actually effective NHL player? When he has developed enough physically to overmatch NHLers on net drives and win his puck battles, probably 4-6 years if he has the commitment to get there.

He is a worthy project if you need a shooting winger, but guys without lots of speed haven't been as successful recently. He doesn't have the skating of a Tuch or Raymond and that could limit his top potential. Victor Oloffson is going to sound like a harsh comparison, but I think they are similar in their projected ideal roles on the PP and in more sheltered 5v5 minutes. With a great two way 3C on his line, he could make a big splash.

• Love
Reactions: Remparts666

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad