2024-25 NCAA Division I Hockey Thread

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
USCHO.com previewing the DI men's conferences for this imminent season ...

Last edited:

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
IMG_9107.jpeg

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
A noteworthy accomplishment: The 3rd-year DI Lindenwood University Lions men defeated the #9 ranked Wisconsin Badgers in Madison on Friday night. Final Score = 4-2. Congrats to Coach Muckalt & his LU overachievers! :wave:

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The College Hockey News "Team of the Week" tradition continues into the 2024-25 season. And lookee who gets the opening award ...
  • Team of the Week: Lindenwood ...
  • More to follow ...

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Another noteworthy moment in DI men's early 2024-25 action ...
Mar-quis Moment
Merrimack's Student Manager Becomes Opening Day Starter

by Mike McMahon/Staff Writer ...
(Published October 6, 2024)

NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. — If things had worked out differently, Spencer Marquis wouldn't have been in North Andover on Sunday. He might have been on a golf course in Maine.

He was supposed to have an internship lined up at a golf course close to his home in Brunswick, Maine. Last minute, it fell through. So, the Merrimack senior found a spot as an intern with the Merrimack men's hockey program.

Sunday was supposed to be his first official game as part of the equipment staff.

Instead, he was the starting goaltender.

You read that correctly ... he was the starting goaltender in Merrimack's 3-2 loss to Stonehill on Sunday. Marquis made 22 saves.

"Not the result we wanted, but it's a dream come true for me," he said. "It's been the craziest 48 hours of my life.

"Every kid grows up dreaming of playing college hockey. I got my chance a little different than some other people, but it was a once in a lifetime opportunity." ...

Read more at: Mar-quis Moment | CHN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad