2024-25 Kraken Roster discussion

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I like the contract and the best part is this signals that they'll finally start treating D'Accord like a a starter.

I like D'Accord but 5x5 for a 28 year old(who will be 29 once the deal kicks in) goalie with one full NHL season under his belt?

Hopefully he can keep it up.

I tend to think that 29-33 is the perfect age range to have a goalie locked up.

5 million for D'Accord? This team is nuts with big contracts lately. I suppose they plan to rely on a lot of entry level deals coming up in the next few years but this is another overpay imo.

Is $5m a big contract these days? With a $90m+ salary cap, $5m is an average player.

Reactions: Kevinsane

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I like the contract and the best part is this signals that they'll finally start treating D'Accord like a a starter.

I tend to think that 29-33 is the perfect age range to have a goalie locked up.

Is $5m a big contract these days? With a $90m+ salary cap, $5m is an average player.

I was looking at other teams and it does seem rather big. It seems mid-range for a starter, big for a guy with his limited success. I think if they do something about Grubauer's albatross contract, it'll be pretty good in 2-3 years.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
5 million for D'Accord? This team is nuts with big contracts lately. I suppose they plan to rely on a lot of entry level deals coming up in the next few years but this is another overpay imo.
I disagree completely. It’ll be regarded as a steal by the Kraken by year two. The salary cap is going up. Goalie salaries are going up. There’s nobody out there or in free agency this summer who’s as good and going to be available cheaper.

majormajor beat me to it.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
nevertheless, 1 season is objectively not someone who has proven out. I guess it's the sign of inflation. but it could be a steal. if he has a bad season though now you really aren't happy ...

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
One season.
Jones had one good season in his career too.
Hope it works out but there's a lot of going on faith and hope here.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
One season.
I think its a combination of faith/hope and the goalie situation for the organization. Gru is really not an option if we want to win. The team is really betting on the fact that Daccord continues from where he left off last season.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
One season.
Not sure why Jones is out here catching strays, when statistically his season with Seattle was one of the worst in his career and he was actually an extremely solid goalie during his early years with San Jose…but don’t let that slow you down I guess?

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I just read that Daccord was 5th in S% and GAA last season for player who had over 30 starts. That’s really something.
I don’t think we made a big enough deal about it at the time that when Grubauer came back from his injury, Hakstol just sorta gifted him half the starts and eventually the starting job again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad