Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Habs fans have been like this for as long as i can remember, it seems like they are worse than most fanbases when it comes to talking trades because i don't think they are discussing in good faith at all.

They want your guy but don't want to give up anybody good for him. If their guys are so good and worth more than your guy why do they even want to make trades?
Unfortunately its the French influences in their culture which are always going to be there. Would be nice if they got moderated a bit so they gel better with the wider HF community

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Habs fans have been like this for as long as i can remember, it seems like they are worse than most fanbases when it comes to talking trades because i don't think they are discussing in good faith at all.

They want your guy but don't want to give up anybody good for him. If their guys are so good and worth more than your guy why do they even want to make trades?
Are you saying Halak + Ryder + 2nd ISN'T a good offer???

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

So many bloggers/podcast that say rediculous things and section of their fan base take it as truth and run with it

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
So what’s the rest of Canada’s excuse?
1000005339.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If Edmonton offers us a 1st to take Ceci, would you guys take it?

EDIT: I just remembered that EDM gave up their 2025 1st for the #32 pick in 2024, so it would have to be their 2026 1st.
Idk our defense is pretty packed (not projected pairings just listing)

Fowler gudas
Minyukov zellweger
Lacombe vaakanainen
Dumolin luneau
Helleson

Even if we sent someone like Vaaks back in the trade idk that it makes a ton of sense, tho I do like the idea of gambling on oilers 26 pick…. Going to prob be hell keeping Bouchard and draisitl…. Unlucky injuries and that pick might be nice

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Edmonton's roster is so top heavy. They are right up against the cap but have very few players they can move to gain breathing room without wrecking the roster.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Blues are assassins right now lol. Very clinical. Hats off to them.

That Nurse contract is killing the Oil and I love it. Leon has one year left and Mcdavid 2? Bouchard will need a raise too. The Oil may crash and burn quick. What a shame.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Idk our defense is pretty packed (not projected pairings just listing)

Fowler gudas
Minyukov zellweger
Lacombe vaakanainen
Dumolin luneau
Helleson

Even if we sent someone like Vaaks back in the trade idk that it makes a ton of sense, tho I do like the idea of gambling on oilers 26 pick…. Going to prob be hell keeping Bouchard and draisitl…. Unlucky injuries and that pick might be nice
It's doable if we put Luneau (and Helleson) in the AHL. But if the plan is for him to be in the NHL, then I probably wouldn't do it. I don't like Ceci, but he would be gone by the deadline, and since he's a RHD, he could potentially get a half decent return (like Lyubushkin).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's doable if we put Luneau (and Helleson) in the AHL. But if the plan is for him to be in the NHL, then I probably wouldn't do it. I don't like Ceci, but he would be gone by the deadline, and since he's a RHD, he could potentially get a half decent return (like Lyubushkin).
Ya I think ceci/dumolin at deadline could net us some picks.

We don’t have a 2nd next year….idk that either get us a 2nd but enough 3s and we can trade up to 2nd

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Blues are assassins right now lol. Very clinical. Hats off to them.

That Nurse contract is killing the Oil and I love it. Leon has one year left and Mcdavid 2? Bouchard will need a raise too. The Oil may crash and burn quick. What a shame.
Ya getting a future oilers 1st pick, might be a nice investment

Reactions: KelVarnsen

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So we're just accepting yet another year of sucking and tanking? I don't think I can do this anymore. Could honestly give a crap less about future picks.

I mean what else are we going to do? Those are expiring contracts.

We’re def not contending this year unless zegras mctavish and the young dmen take huge steps forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad