Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
You know well he won't sign any of these players. How does this guy get such a free pass here but Burke who made moves and won us likely the only cup this franchise will ever win gets hate 🤣
Didn't think I'd live to see the day when you criticize Verbeek for not getting Mitch Marner when he becomes a UFA.

I guess you're just a softie at heart.

John

Reactions: Kalv

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Deangelo is the last RD remaining that makes sense.
So just to make sure everyone is OK with team having only Johnston and Gudas as the only tough players? I'm not only talking about fighting also big hits, agitating, defense of teammates (Terry Incident) crashing the crease
what "tough" players are still available aside from clutterbuck? i'd love to have him on the 4th line

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
You guys are crazy in your Fowler criticism. Is he #1 D, Norris candidate? No. If he was on a competitive team with a solid D partner, would he have more points and a nice positive +/-? Absolutely.

I will apologize for Fowler in his own words that I am right now making up:

"I am sorry I am not Nic Lidstrom, Prime Chris Pronger, or Scotty Neidermayer. I can not single handedly dominate a game for 28 minutes as a rare, superstar, HOF D-man can."

As for his contract term and amount? It doesn't effect this club. But he is going to eat up minutes as a sacrificial vet while the youngsters continue to mature. That sounds fantastic to me.
I feel you. I am sorry too.

John

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Going through cap friendly, these are the RH top six guys I can see reasonably available for one reason or another:

Kyle palmieri
Rickard rakell
Josh Norris
Rutger McGroarty
Martin Necas
Patrick Laine

Not a lot of obvious candidates, and some of these guys come with huge caveats;

palms is mostly a PP guy now because his skating is bad.

Rakell has rapidly declined and isn't really suited for a top six role and only would be available because of his terrible contract.

Norris is most likely available because his shoulder is hamburger meat and is also on a terrible contract.

McGroarty might be a top six guy at some point, but he's an unknown.

Necas is the purist talent, but as trade partners we don't fit and he wants to play center

Laine is a bit of a headcase.

Welp, good thing Colangelo's game showed up this past season, which carried over into the AHL and NHL. Granted it's a small sample in the AHL and NHL, but taken as a whole, we can say he's got a nose for the net. At 6'2 and 209 lbs as well as learned how to overcome adversity twice (injury in his freshman season and being misused in his junior season which made him transfer to a different college) to make it to the big ice, Colangelo could be a dark horse for forces the org to think about having him on the NHL roster to start the season.

Maybe Cutter and Colangelo could be our Smash Bros?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Would you guys trade Zegras + Luneau/Zellweger + a 2nd for an extended Rantanen (8 years/11-ish AAV)

I think I would personally because the alternative is trading Zegras for a far lesser player

Obviously a lot of variables there, but…

Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Rantanen-McTavish-Terry

The problem is that every target that I’m interested is left handed

There would also have to be a follow up move on defense obviously

Aboslutely not. There are some Avs fans that don't even want Rantanen extended because he has a tendency to disappear for long stretches and float.

If he hits UFA and we can sign him sure. That package is too much though.

Reactions: ocslug

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Greetings from Toronto's board!

Seeing that Anaheim might be interested in RHD prospects, would Gaucher for Niemelä be of interest to the Ducks?
Just because he's an RHD I'm sure there'd be some interest, but not for Gaucher. We'd be looking for someone with similar size and playstyle to a guy like Danford (albeit further along in development). I don't think that prospect exists in the Leafs system.

Reactions: Visnovsky

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Didn’t see this posted.. I kinda like it.
Vatrano has one year left at $3.65. If he's traded with retention the return should be a boatload and include the keys to the Tampa Bay harbor. Perbix, a 2nd and a 3rd doesn't sound like a deal I'd be happy about.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Vatrano has one year left at $3.65. If he's traded with retention the return should be a boatload and include the keys to the Tampa Bay harbor. Perbix, a 2nd and a 3rd doesn't sound like a deal I'd be happy about.

Okay hear me out

To Anaheim
Perbix, Mcgroaty, 3rd

To tampa
Vatrano w/ retention

To Winnipeg
Lacombe + kings 2nd

Does this work, what needs to change

DaGeneral

Sponsor
Apr 15, 2012
Just because he's an RHD I'm sure there'd be some interest, but not for Gaucher. We'd be looking for someone with similar size and playstyle to a guy like Danford (albeit further along in development). I don't think that prospect exists in the Leafs system.
Ok I am sorry.. I thought it said Gauthier lol it’s the 4th and I’ve been drinking

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Vrana? We are really going dumpster diving.

1720127260282.gif

Reactions: ocslug and Arthuros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad