Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Ducks free agents:

Agozzino -> Utah
Carrick -> AHL Charlotte
De Leo -> Unsigned
Gawdin -> LA
Groulx -> NY Rangers
Hagg -> Unsigned
Jones -> Boston
Lagesson -> Detroit
Leason -> Re-signed
Lindstrom -> Unsigned
Meyers -> Seattle
Stalock -> Unsigned
Vaakanainen -> Re-signed
White -> New Jersey
I suggested De Leo to my hometown team's GM and chairman a few months ago, and word is, that De Leo is very much Europe-bound unless he gets a full-time NHL contract - which is probably not going to happen.

• Wow
Reactions: Yemeth and Ditto

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Can’t tell if you’re serious. LaCombe and Zellweger both played a lot on the right with Ducks.

Can't tell if you completely forgot that Verbeek stated he wanted d-men on their shooting side this season while throwing LaCombe up to the wolves as a top pairing RD. Maybe you did forget because we were terrible this year that you've decided to blackout this past season. We played both LaCombe and Zell at RD due to necessity (injuries and trades), but that doesn't mean Verbeek is willing to keep them at RD like Vegas has with Theodore. That's the context, ICYMI.

Remember, Verbeek was intent on finding a top-4RD this past summer. Do you know why? Which goes back to the context.

We don't know if Verbeek has changed his mind despite both LaCombe and Zell playing RD at times throughout the season. Since Verbeek didn't select any RD's in the draft and we didn't land a veteran RD so far this off-season, maybe he's changed his mind. Yet, since we acquired Dumo, everyone is stating one LD needs to move on and it's most likely LaCombe. Why are we complaining about being oversaturated at LD if Verbeek has stated Zell and LaCombe can be RD's for good?

hmm-arsenio-hall.gif

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
So, watching the Hockey Guy, and the whole Trouba situation where he’s saying he won’t report to any team not on his no trade list.

NYR trade 1st + Trouba +, he refuses to report, Ducks terminate his contract, assuming his cap hit remains, we are over the floor. Boom.

(I am having fun with this, not being serious)

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So, watching the Hockey Guy, and the whole Trouba situation where he’s saying he won’t report to any team not on his no trade list.

NYR trade 1st + Trouba +, he refuses to report, Ducks terminate his contract, assuming his cap hit remains, we are over the floor. Boom.

(I am having fun with this, not being serious)
Ha that would work assuming the NHL allows the trade to go thru. 1st round pick in 24 to 32 range at only the cost of a cap hit and not money being paid. Players union will scream hell over it though.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Can't tell if you completely forgot that Verbeek stated he wanted d-men on their shooting side this season while throwing LaCombe up to the wolves as a top pairing RD. Maybe you did forget because we were terrible this year that you've decided to blackout this past season. We played both LaCombe and Zell at RD due to necessity (injuries and trades), but that doesn't mean Verbeek is willing to keep them at RD like Vegas has with Theodore. That's the context, ICYMI.

Remember, Verbeek was intent on finding a top-4RD this past summer. Do you know why? Which goes back to the context.

We don't know if Verbeek has changed his mind despite both LaCombe and Zell playing RD at times throughout the season. Since Verbeek didn't select any RD's in the draft and we didn't land a veteran RD so far this off-season, maybe he's changed his mind. Yet, since we acquired Dumo, everyone is stating one LD needs to move on and it's most likely LaCombe. Why are we complaining about being oversaturated at LD if Verbeek has stated Zell and LaCombe can be RD's for good?

hmm-arsenio-hall.gif
I know what Verbeek said, but have learned not to believe everything an NHL GM says. I'm sure he would prefer the D on their natural sides, but circumstances got in the way of that. Posting something nonsensical in an effort to clown Verbeek didn't work.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad