Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Why would the Ducks need to trade any of their young LHD when Dumoulin and Vaak will be gone in one year and Fowler in two?
Playing time and development. If the Ducks see Zellweger, LaCombe, or Vaakanainen as long-term pieces, they want to get them playing time on the side they're going to be playing in the future.

I don't see that as a huge concern with Vaak. He's a bit older and only controlled for two more seasons. He probably is what he is. But if LaCombe spends most of the season in the pressbox, his value goes down.

I don't think it's a necessity, just speculating.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I mean it seems like the team is pretty hellbent to get zegras out of here…. And unfortunately his value isn’t high…. I have low expectations…. There is no rhd really available outside of trouba…. Maybe you can get a Reinbacher deal going but I doubt Montreal wants that

Schneider from ny? With a couple adds?

Who else is available…. Jiricek maybe? But that seems resolved
This is what happens when you are hellbent on making friends with every MB trade poster you can find. You start believing all the shit they spew. Then you come back here like a Trojan horse trying to convince us Zegras has no trade value and we should just expect a bad trade. There is absolutely zero proof the team is looking to dump Z. If they were, that deal could have easily been made by now. I don't believe Z will be traded unless we get a damn good return involving NHL caliber players, not picks and prospects.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Playing time and development. If the Ducks see Zellweger, LaCombe, or Vaakanainen as long-term pieces, they want to get them playing time on the side they're going to be playing in the future.

I don't see that as a huge concern with Vaak. He's a bit older and only controlled for two more seasons. He probably is what he is. But if LaCombe spends most of the season in the pressbox, his value goes down.

I don't think it's a necessity, just speculating.
The ducks absolutely don’t and have never seen lacombe as a long term piece.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
The ducks absolutely don’t and have never seen lacombe as a long term piece.
1719954242681.png

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
We're essentially at the floor right now. We have 3 roster spots to fill and need like $3.5mil. LaCombe will get probably something similar to Vaaks, if not more. And we're likely to make at least 1 more trade

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This is what happens when you are hellbent on making friends with every MB trade poster you can find. You start believing all the shit they spew. Then you come back here like a Trojan horse trying to convince us Zegras has no trade value and we should just expect a bad trade. There is absolutely zero proof the team is looking to dump Z. If they were, that deal could have easily been made by now. I don't believe Z will be traded unless we get a damn good return involving NHL caliber players, not picks and prospects.
Paranoid much, like the people here that were upset that i have a kings logo in my avatar.

Not trying to convince anyone of anything, thats my own opinions, and most of you are adults capable of making your own opinions up ... and i dont really feel like zegras value is nearly enough to warrant a trade so if he is traded i dont think its going to be a fantastic return for us. I dont think we should trade him, and i hope we dont... but if we do i think itll be disappointing for us.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
That's why they drafted him, played him in 70+ games, and qualified him, right?
Yea, he was thrown to the wolves as a sacrificial player( where as we allowed minty and zellwegger to play where they needed to play for proper development ) also, he has some value so of course we sign so we can trade him…

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I get the sense PV really just struck out and is now going for plan b and we may be looking at very minimal roster improvement

I thought we needed this season to be another developmental season, tbh. We still don't know what we have as a team to see where exactly the holes need to be plugged. Verbeek is slowly evolving too b/c he actually drafted sub 6'0 players in the draft.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
We're essentially at the floor right now. We have 3 roster spots to fill and need like $3.5mil. LaCombe will get probably something similar to Vaaks, if not more. And we're likely to make at least 1 more trade

No we're at 13 forwards, 6 D, 2 goalies right now, Mcginn included. 3+ million under and Lacombe to sign. Unless he's getting 3.5 there are still moves to be made. Could just be trading for an LTIRetire player like Lehner though.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I thought we needed this season to be another developmental season, tbh. We still don't know what we have as a team to see where exactly the holes need to be plugged. Verbeek is slowly evolving too b/c he actually drafted sub 6'0 players in the draft.
I dont mind a developmental season, its expected .... but i would like to see us try to improve a little on the roster and not just from the young guys getting better.

Last year was a developmental season but we added Gudas + Killorn

Reactions: DuckRogers10

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Yea, he was thrown to the wolves as a sacrificial player( where as we allowed minty and zellwegger to play where they needed to play for proper development ) also, he has some value so of course we sign so we can trade him…
Zellweger was forced to play on the top pairing within like 10 games of being in the NHL, so by that logic we must also not see him as a long term player?

Reactions: Boo Boo

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Mintyukov-Gudas
Fowler-Zellweger
Dumolin-LaCombe
Vaakanainen
?

That defense doesn’t even include Luneau and the combinations still make little sense. Another move is coming

I’m only trading LaCombe right now if I can get a forward prospect with some legit potential. It’s a bit early to be giving up on LaCombe for scraps

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Zellweger was forced to play on the top pairing within like 10 games of being in the NHL, so by that logic we must also not see him as a long term player?
I am most sure about zellwegger given his size tbh. Think it can go either way for him. But I’m very confident that lacombe doesn’t have much of a future with the ducks.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Paranoid much, like the people here that were upset that i have a kings logo in my avatar.

Not trying to convince anyone of anything, thats my own opinions, and most of you are adults capable of making your own opinions up ... and i dont really feel like zegras value is nearly enough to warrant a trade so if he is traded i dont think its going to be a fantastic return for us. I dont think we should trade him, and i hope we dont... but if we do i think itll be disappointing for us.
What's your basis for the belief the team is hellbent to get him out of here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad