Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Necas and Trouba are two completely different animals. Carolina wants a lot for Necas and may actually keep him at this point. But assuming that Carolina was willing to take back picks and prospects...what do you think the price would be? Certainly seems like a 25 top 10 protected 1st (which would become an unprotected 1st in 26) and a significant young prospect. Expensive.

Trouba is a declining asset who has a 15 team NTC...wanna bet if the Ducks are on that list

I think LaCombe is gone. I just don’t see a spot for him.
There was never a spot for him. Even less so now.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Yeah, something's got to give on that left side. Dumoulin is a decent bottom 6 guy, ideally 3rd pairing, but he's a solid PKer and should play well alongside a younger d-man.

Who goes, though? I don't see Fowler getting traded. Mintyukov seems like the future 1D. They just re-signed Vaakanainen. Zellweger or LaCombe seem like the candidates, although I really hope Zell stays. I love watching him play.

Reactions: Deuce22

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Yeah, something's got to give on that left side. Dumoulin is a decent bottom 6 guy, ideally 3rd pairing, but he's a solid PKer and should play well alongside a younger d-man.

Who goes, though? I don't see Fowler getting traded. Mintyukov seems like the future 1D. They just re-signed Vaakanainen. Zellweger or LaCombe seem like the candidates, although I really hope Zell stays. I love watching him play.
Wonder if they would package Zellweger to get a legit RHD?

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023

The only way it’s Zellweger is if he’s the main piece of a Necas or Marner (lol) trade

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Vaakanainen could be the 7th/rotational guy and the other two spots could be up for grabs between Zellweger/LaCombe/Luneau. But that does seem like an odd way to go about it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Fowler Zellweger (I don’t see Luneau being a fixture to start the year)

Mintyikov Gudas

Vaakanainen/Duomolin Lacombe

Don’t trade any defensemen because we are paper thin on depth outside of guys who belong in the 3rd pairing

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Genuinely curious, I wonder if there have ever been players who changed the way they shoot the puck.
I looked it up, and it's mostly just ambidextrous players that played back in the flat stick era (like Gordie Howe).

I think it would be too difficult. Most players have decades of muscle memory built up from handling the puck. Switching would put them years, if not more, behind that learning curve.

Reactions: Arthuros

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Verbeek loves Luneau. I think if he's healthy he's with the Ducks.
I agree that he does, but the guy he liked had a serious infection and will have not played for 9-10 months by the time he sees NHL ice. I see it as more likely than not that he’s got no business on that top line, especially if they’re going to overuse Fowler again.

DaGeneral

Sponsor
Apr 15, 2012
I agree that he does, but the guy he liked had a serious infection and will have not played for 9-10 months by the time he sees NHL ice. I see it as more likely than not that he’s got no business on that top line, especially if they’re going to overuse Fowler again.
Exactly this. Everyone is acting like he’s a sure fire NHLer next year. I don’t see it yet.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad