GDT: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread , Free Agency Frenzy, July 1st @ 9am PT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
First off, I have no clue why Detroit made this trade. But they must have something planned here. They almost definitely have to add a goalie somehow.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
First off, I have no clue why Detroit made this trade. But they must have something planned here. They almost definitely have to add a goalie somehow.

Probably to make room for a youth D in Edvinsson while gaining cap room in order to pay for Seider and Raymond this summer along with any extra personnel.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Wonder what a deal would look like?

Does Husso + 15 for Gibson and 31 work?

Getting the 15th pick would put the Ducks in position to grab someone who potentially falls. Or to use the second round pick to trade up.

Without retention I don't think Gibson has positive value. No retention best I think we can hope for is Husso+Holl dumps.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Based on Markstrom's return I think we would need to add to get the 15OA
Maybe, I do think taking Husso is like retaining so there is that. So Gibby retained+ 31 for 15th is essentially what that would look like. At least in my mind. Really not sure if that would be enough but it doesn't seem that far out to me.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe, I do think taking Husso is like retaining so there is that. So Gibby retained+ 31 for 15th is essentially what that would look like. At least in my mind. Really not sure if that would be enough but it doesn't seem that far out to me.
Ya def prob has to be more to the trade than that.... i wonder if they buy some retention on gibson (maybe thats future considerations from the walman to sharks trade or something)... maybe double retention from us and san jose

15 would be sick but i dont really see a way to get 15 without sending fowler out... i just dont think Gibson starts the conversation (hopefully im wrong)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So we are shopping him? That's probably not good news about his value (playing hardball could somehow MAYBE get a magically better deal).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad