Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
The problem we have is that we are out of the playoffs and it is hard to get someone to come here, especially a vet, to end a career.

I see a Vatrano for Laine.

I still see a DeAngelo signing. Maybe Trouba trade.

As far as getting a big name in California, the Kings got Pierre-Luc Dubois, which has multiple names, but didn't hold onto him.

John

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
There weren't all that many guys we even wanted. A few RDs, some right-show forwards, and maybe some depth forwards.

The RDs I liked went for reasonable dollars (Pesce and Roy), but long contracts (both 6 years). I would have been fine for either of those deals, but Anaheim would have had to beat them, and probably by 20%. Matt Roy at 6 yrs, $5.75 per is good. Matt Roy at 6 yrs, $6.75 is...not as good. But maybe Verbeek should have gone there. That's no guarantee they wanted to play here, but perhaps Verbeek should have made them the offer they couldn't refuse.

The RWs all signed for absurd deals. I don't think we wanted Verbeek to beat any of those in dollars or term. DeBrusk, Lindholm, Stamkos, Monahan, Marchessault, Toffoli - all went for at least a year more than they should have, and some plenty more dollars. Arvidsson was reasonable, but that's a guy coming off of an injury-plagued season.

I guess you could argue the Ducks could reasonably have gotten something done and didn't at depth forward. But those guys are the easiest to find later in free agency. I don't know that the Ducks are really kicking themselves because they missed out on Ryan Lomberg.

I wanted a present under the tree like everyone else. I just don't think any of these presents were all that great.

Reactions: Hey234

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
The problem we have is that we are out of the playoffs and it is hard to get someone to come here, especially a vet, to end a career.

I see a Vatrano for Laine.

I still see a DeAngelo signing. Maybe Trouba trade.

As far as getting a big name in California, the Kings got Pierre-Luc Dubois, which has multiple names, but didn't hold onto him.

John
Don't bring DeAngelo into this young lockerroom. That would be a BIG mistake.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Verbeek now after hyping up the offseason at the Flock Party

Attachments

• 1719864039798.png
    1719864039798.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: KelVarnsen

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Aves are going to have to cut some money most likely...
Josh Manson could be a guy we bring back /shrug

Im guessing were in on Trouba
likely kicking tires on guys like Necas/Boeser

I dont mind making a big splash in Free agency

Reactions: WhatTheDuck
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Friedman the other day said he didn’t think that was gonna happen. Said they loved him and have no one else like him. Maybe things have changed but it’d be weird to go that route after the entire D market has dried up.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC

Trouba and the NYR blueline situation is interesting. They only have 6 guys on their D right now and 2 of them are RFAs needing a contract.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
That Foegele contract is one of the better ones for today. Good value for the Kings for a guy I would have liked to bring in.

EDIT: I know this happened hours ago, just getting in here

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Friedman the other day said he didn’t think that was gonna happen. Said they loved him and have no one else like him. Maybe things have changed but it’d be weird to go that route after the entire D market has dried up.
I just dont see many ways out for Colorado(unless they can find a girard trad epartner.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe these players just don't want to lose over half their paycheck to pay on a bottom 5 team.

Its frustrating at this moment... but i think PV has a plan... and going to take advantage of cap situations of other teams.

Prob would rather find cap causalities signed for 1-3 years rather than have to be locked in for 5-7 years on guys... and give us a tough time when our big contract summer comes up

Reactions: lwvs84 and ducks8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad