Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
We are going to get Henrique back as our RW, aren’t we.
I’d be surprised because lately he’s been talking about wanting to win(who can blame him) and valuing that over just money. Now I’m sure he enjoyed it here but between that, all the other centers getting great deals, and the fit not being quite right I’m skeptical they’d go back to that route unless something else was gonna happen.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
I would like to know what story is waiting about the two moves…elaborate please

I have been a Verbeek backer but if he doesn’t have something substantial cooking….i dunno

Part of me wonders if this is the Samueli’s though. How much did they just spend on the rebrand? Maybe this is coming from the top……

Reactions: Beckett

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It’s because Verbeek sucks

It’s literally 3 hours in…. Maybe he’s gunna cook in trades.

I have been a Verbeek backer but if he doesn’t have something substantial cooking….i dunno

Part of me wonders if this is the Samueli’s though. How much did they just spend on the rebrand? Maybe this is coming from the top……
Wouldn’t you want to excite fans with an exciting roster with a rebrand?

Kinda like Utah is doing

Reactions: 12ozPapa

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Can someone repost the picture that compares Verbeek's face to the fish? Too funny.
PtVJlvx.jpeg

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I’d be surprised because lately he’s been talking about wanting to win(who can blame him) and valuing that over just money. Now I’m sure he enjoyed it here but between that, all the other centers getting great deals, and the fit not being quite right I’m skeptical they’d go back to that route unless something else was gonna happen.
Yah but his wifes business is here in socal

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

It's just the vaak and leason signings. They aren't "official", so no real stories yet.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA

If that’s the case, someone should tell them about the cap floor.

Anyone who thinks Verbeek wasn’t trying today is a dope. A player wants to sign here just as much as we want to sign them.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
If that’s the case, someone should tell them about the cap floor.

Anyone who thinks Verbeek wasn’t trying today is a dope. A player wants to sign here just as much as we want to sign them.

These prices didn't get so crazy without other team's bidding, I'm sure PV was in on some of these. Have to draw the line in the sand somewhere before complete insanity though.

Reactions: Yemeth and Static

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It was a little tongue in cheek. I was convinced the top guys were going to go for stupid money, and that they’d need an even higher bid for us to get them, so didn’t think we were getting any.

Also, like I said in the flock party thread, Verbeek didn’t sound remotely convincing that he’d be landing what he wanted. Very different delivery from when he said it at the season ticket holder event during the season.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Ok, so we should be patient then. I'm all for that approach.
I prefer to use the term realistic while also realizing that it’s pretty obvious that all of California is pretty much a “no go” zone for most NHL players. Nothing verbeek can do about that.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I'm pretty disappointed to have not done anything but also pretty relieved to have not done most of these things.

That said, it's silly to blame a GM for not signing UFAs, which is the situation in which they have the least amount of power. Players have to want to come here, and most players probably don't.

Reactions: goonsaredumb

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It’s literally 3 hours in…. Maybe he’s gunna cook in trades.

Wouldn’t you want to excite fans with an exciting roster with a rebrand?

Kinda like Utah is doing
I would rather over pay a 2nd round pick in a hockey trade than years/millions of dollars to the free agents that went today. We have a massive war chest of draft and prospect capital to use. It was always going to be the hockey trade route for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad