Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Any ideas on who these decent players on slightly inflated short term deals are?

Just taking a look at teams that have added a ton of money. Washington has Carlsson and now added Roy on RD, I wonder if that makes Trevor Van Riemsdyk surplus? Two years remaining at 3M per, he can't be considered more than a stop gap with a lack of standout qualities but has shown to be an efficient enough right shot defender to handle top 4 mins.

The Isles are now pressed right against the cap with some RFAs left to sign. I've seen Pageau mentioned as a potential dump, would love to add his heart and defensive ability to our bottom six. I believe Palmieri's name has also come up?

Pietrangelo and Ekblad are some bigger names that have come up, not sure how realistic those are though.

Sstealths1

Jan 14, 2021
8vldn3.jpg

Can someone repost the picture that compares Verbeek's face to the fish? Too funny.

Reactions: duckaroosky

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Taking a look at the best remaining RHD:
Hakanpaa
Desharnais
Colin Miller
Barrie (too small)
Bortuzzo (too old)
Deangelo (too small, poor defensively, and bad character)

Thats it... but Verbeek said bottom RHD so Hakanpaa and Desharnais might be his remaining targets... and looks like Edmonton is going with a cheaper Brown over Desharnais.

Or via trade as a cap dumpster... top guys available:
Trouba (we probably receive a small incentive like 2/3 round pick)
Holl (please no...)
Anyone else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad