Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
The picks and prospects that will return a good top 4D or top 6F are exactly the ones you won’t want to give up.
I'd rather give those guys up than sign 98% of the deals that got signed today. And the 2% of deals I would sign (Lomberg, Stenlund, etc.) aren't the type of players who would require good prospects in trade.

I'm fine trading next year's 1st in the right deal. I'm fine trading LaCombe or Zellweger or Gaucher or Colangelo in the right deal. Package them with other assets and upgrade somewhere. It's not as clean as a UFA deal, but these deals just aren't smart for the Ducks.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Would rather give up minor assets for cap dumps who are decent players on slightly inflated short term deals - compared to giving a similar player a ridiculous long term deal. There was very little that happened today that I feel envious of

Any ideas on who these decent players on slightly inflated short term deals are?

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I come, I see we haven’t done anything shy of signing a couple of our own guys, I leave.

The Jackets giving Sean Monahan that contract is absurd though, I’d bet everything I have he doesn’t even come close to seeing all 5 years of it

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
The picks and prospects that will return a good top 4D or top 6F are exactly the ones you won’t want to give up.
I'd be fine with moving any of our young players not currently in the NHL (obviously players just drafted are excluded from this) depending on the player we'd be going for.

In terms of our NHL players, maybe unpopular but I can see LaCombe getting moved this off-season in a package for an upgrade. Don't see him beating out Minty/Zellweger and don't think his long term NHL future is playing on the right side.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
La
I'd be fine with moving any of our young players not currently in the NHL (obviously players just drafted are excluded from this) depending on the player we'd be going for.

In terms of our NHL players, maybe unpopular but I can see LaCombe getting moved this off-season in a package for an upgrade. Don't see him beating out Minty/Zellweger and don't think his long term NHL future is playing on the right side.
LaCombe isn’t going to return a top 4 RHD or top 6RW unless the package gets much sweeter

Reactions: Deuce22

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
When you get that first down on that killer heavy map and the whole team  pull the plug : r/deadbydaylight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad