Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
1719841685779.png

Give him the bag

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Not doom and gloom but in reality are the Ducks ever in contention for the top FA’s? I would love it if they were but it doesn’t happen so I hope PV can make good decisions on the second tier of guys like he did with Gudas and Vats.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Seriously. It's 6:46 a.m.
And most of the big names are taken for or connected to other teams. People seem to ignore the fact that if we’re not connected to players it’s because we’re not actually in on them (and not just that we don’t leak things).

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If I'm Verbeek, I pivot to Toffoli. Proven track record of production and an underrated two way player. Only 32 years old

He's a little bit slow footed for what we need, but a solid stop gap until Sennecke is ready in 2 years

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sounds like Stamkos is going to Vegas. As if we needed another reason to hate that team.
You can look at this way: Vegas is completely and entirely lacking in any nuance in anything they're trying to do. Other than making big moves for well known players to try to salvage what's left of this team's strength for one last cup run, McCrimmon has no direction and seems to have no thought for team need or potential team chemistry. And they keep burning futures to do what they're trying to do. At best he can prolong the inevitable need for a rebuild and keep Vegas as a middling competitor for a playoff spot but I don't see another cup anytime in the next decade+

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Just focus on Roy… there is trade options available at winger
Roy would absolutely be nice. Hopefully PV can pull off a good trade.
I just don't see how, they have basically 0 cap space. They had to let Marshmallow go
Someone will have a season ending injury only to recover for the playoffs!!!

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Surprised how many people here even want to see the team pursue a big fish, I’d much much rather see the team go after multiple above average players at several positions

it's that time of year. I agree though, for the most part anyway. We can't roster a full team of young players. That's how you become the Sabers or Oilers (for 5 years ago). However, I agree that handing out a long term deal at a high salary for an older player is not smart for where this team is.

Reactions: Deuce22

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Roy would absolutely be nice. Hopefully PV can pull off a good trade.

Someone will have a season ending injury only to recover for the playoffs!!!

I feel like forwards are easier to find via trade… Roy should be priority

I mean you can get guys like Bjorkstrand for basically nothing via trade…. We have assets find those good cap casualties

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
Surprised how many people here even want to see the team pursue a big fish, I’d much much rather see the team go after multiple above average players at several positions
It's not that we want to see it; it's what we've been told to expect by Verbeek. "Top six forward and top four defenseman."

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
If I'm Verbeek, I pivot to Toffoli. Proven track record of production and an underrated two way player. Only 32 years old

He's a little bit slow footed for what we need, but a solid stop gap until Sennecke is ready in 2 years

You already touched on it but the lack of pace gives me pause, though maybe I should think the same of Stamkos as well.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
NJ making significant improvements in net and up front. I don't know that jettisoning Marino and then signing Pesce to a much larger contract, will end up being a huge net gain, but likely does steady their back end for this coming year. They should be a good team.

Reactions: Kalv
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
With what room? Not on the cap, on the roster. This team was bad but still does have quite a few decent players and there really aren’t a lot of spots for above average players. Maybe you could carve two out on defense but you don’t really want to block anyone either so one probably makes more sense for now. The top three lines? One opening no matter which way you slice it. It’s a weird circumstance where the big fish makes way more sense than the little ones.

Reactions: Static and DavidBL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad