Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
He isn’t getting traded unless it’s a Drysdale type trade, where we are getting a legit RD

I've actually been thinking about this since they drafted Sennecke. The Ducks are/were weak on the wings. They've been experimenting with Zegras as a solution to the Wing issue. It clearly isn't working and I think management knows it. What have they done since trying Zegras on the wing? Traded for Gauthier and drafted Sennecke, two core wingers.

Now the trade for Gauthier happened to open a hole on RD. The Ducks aren't likely to be drafting high anymore so how do you fill the hole at RD. Trade. Who has enough value to return a top 3 RD? Zegras.

I know that Sennecke isn't going be on the team for a while, so it's not like Zegras has no spot right now. But if you think of it as who's going to be on a cup contending core, I think the Gauthier and Sennecke moves might indicate that Zegras isn't a part of the winger core. Especially if they sign a RW in FA.

I can definitely see one of Zegras/McTavish moved for a RD, most likely Zegras since they seem to be keeping McTavish as 2C.

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
There’s so many players available I would be pumped for this team to get - regardless of need, hand, contract, etc. strictly in a vacuum

Just off the top of my head

Stamkos
Marchessault
Reinhart
Roy
DeBrusk
Schmidt
Monohan
Bertuzzi
Lindholm
Montour
Skjei

This feels like a really strong FA class and we have a GM who doesn’t give away anything already on record saying essentially that he plans to go shopping. Let’s go

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
I feel like getting the RHD is gonna be the hardest part.

Supply seems to be dwindling and the demand is always high.

Best hope is Roy. If it’s not him, not sure we’re getting a T4 RHD. Pesce, Montour, Tanev, and Carrier all seem to ve close to deals with other teams. Walker is more of an offensive guy and the rest of the RHD FAs aren’t T4 quality.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I feel like getting the RHD is gonna be the hardest part.

Supply seems to be dwindling and the demand is always high.

Best hope is Roy. If it’s not him, not sure we’re getting a T4 RHD. Pesce, Montour, Tanev, and Carrier all seem to ve close to deals with other teams. Walker is more of an offensive guy and the rest of the RHD FAs aren’t T4 quality.
I would be very happy with Walker. Plays hard and can move the puck well.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay