Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That San Jose pick swap is interesting. If they leave this draft with Celebrini and a guy like Yakemchuk, Parekh or Dickinson that’s an insane shot to the arm of an already strong prospect pool.
A lot of sharks fans seem to think Eiserman is the goal with that pick

Weird to me because you have eklund/musty that look like top 6 LW potential. And smith and celebrini as centers…. And you are likely a favorite to be in top 3 of draft the next 2 years which are loaded with forwards.

They need a ton of help on the back end…. Getting a guy like yakemchuk/parekh/Dickinson would be a nice start…. And maybe you find another dmen like mews or any of the guys we like at 33

Reactions: lwvs84 and ScarTroy

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
A lot of sharks fans seem to think Eiserman is the goal with that pick

Weird to me because you have eklund/musty that look like top 6 LW potential. And smith and celebrini as centers…. And you are likely a favorite to be in top 3 of draft the next 2 years which are loaded with forwards.

They need a ton of help on the back end…. Getting a guy like yakemchuk/parekh/Dickinson would be a nice start…. And maybe you find another dmen like mews or any of the guys we like at 33
Yeah I don’t like that for them if they go Eiserman. Their prospect pool is nice but definitely lacking high end defensive guys.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
5 million will probably be the going rate for a decent 3rd liner. Might be an overpayment of like a million dollars a year, which in the grand scheme of things, isn’t all that impacting.

Am I crazy for wanting Ducks to go after Trouba? 2 years at 8 million. Will eat 20 minutes. Probably a very buy low candidate.

Maybe, but you can't pay 3 of them that much IMO.

You're not crazy at all about Trouba. Ideally, they take Fowler, but 2 year stop gaps are perfect for this team right now, even if it's an overpay.

Any of Hamilton, Marino, or Trouba would be fantastic adds.

There are also plenty of top 6/9 goal scoring wingers this year.

One that no one is really talking about that I think might be more realistic than people think is Manson. Colorado is pretty thin on cap space. I wouldn't mind having Josh back either.

Reactions: LeBrun is a Clown

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Mintyukov - Trouba
Zellweger - Gudas
Lacombe - Hakanpaa

In the absence of a true top pairing, I want to see something like this. Everyone playing their strong side, strengths and weaknesses or playing styles seemingly balance out. Three pairs who can all give you 15+ mins at even strength on any given night. At no point would you not have a very physically engaged veteran RHD on the ice.

Two decent second pairs with an average third pair would be great in my books.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Maybe, but you can't pay 3 of them that much IMO.

You're not crazy at all about Trouba. Ideally, they take Fowler, but 2 year stop gaps are perfect for this team right now, even if it's an overpay.

One that no one is really talking about that I think might be more realistic than people think is Manson. Colorado is pretty thin on cap space. I wouldn't mind having Josh back either.
Fowler wouldn’t go out for a Trouba and I don’t know why that’d be ideal, they need both IMO.

Big time agree on Manson too. Never sure what Colorado is up to but if they feel they can’t keep him and/or they want to keep Walker I’d be all over that one.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Considering
Fowler wouldn’t go out for a Trouba and I don’t know why that’d be ideal, they need both IMO.

Big time agree on Manson too. Never sure what Colorado is up to but if they feel they can’t keep him and/or they want to keep Walker I’d be all over that one.
So,
Fowler Zellweger (it seemed to work last year)
Mintyukov Gudas
LaCombe Trouba

Could also swap Gudas and Trouba.

Split the minutes pretty evenly (at least been top2 pairs). Zellweger gets PP1, Mintyukov PP2 and PK2 (I think he ended the year on the PK?), Fowler PK1, and Gudas and Trouba split right side PK duties?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Considering

So,
Fowler Zellweger (it seemed to work last year)
Mintyukov Gudas
LaCombe Trouba

Could also swap Gudas and Trouba.

Split the minutes pretty evenly (at least been top2 pairs). Zellweger gets PP1, Mintyukov PP2 and PK2 (I think he ended the year on the PK?), Fowler PK1, and Gudas and Trouba split right side PK duties?
Lacombe also played PK last year and was actually pretty good. That could be the way to get Fowler less minutes, splitting pk duties with Minty and Lacombe. You could also throw Vaaks Into Lacombes spot if you need more D. Leneau spends the year in the A as first call up.

Reactions: lwvs84

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Honestly, I thought Fowler had more than 2 seasons left on his deal for some reason.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
So, we will know who the Ducks are keeping next Monday. RFA’s have until December 1st to sign or they can’t play this season.

IMG_3939.jpeg

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Lacombe also played PK last year and was actually pretty good. That could be the way to get Fowler less minutes, splitting pk duties with Minty and Lacombe. You could also throw Vaaks Into Lacombes spot if you need more D. Leneau spends the year in the A as first call up.
True, I just like seeing if Minty has that ability. He'll be a core guy for a long time of he hits what we think/hope he can. He shows flashes of ability we haven't had in a long time.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
True, I just like seeing if Minty has that ability. He'll be a core guy for a long time of he hits what we think/hope he can. He shows flashes of ability we haven't had in a long time.
Fair. I do prefer Pesce or Roy to Trouba. They're more reliable defensively. Pair either with Fowler for help in the difficult minutes as the young guys all grow.

Reactions: Bergey37 and lwvs84

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Mintyukov - Trouba
Zellweger - Gudas
Lacombe - Hakanpaa

In the absence of a true top pairing, I want to see something like this. Everyone playing their strong side, strengths and weaknesses or playing styles seemingly balance out. Three pairs who can all give you 15+ mins at even strength on any given night. At no point would you not have a very physically engaged veteran RHD on the ice.
Everyone on that defense, with the exception of Trouba, is best suited as bottom pairing. Trouba is an OK 2nd pairing provided he's in ideal situation.

• Haha
Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad