2024-25 FPHL Season Thread

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
The Fed League Flash guy was out in front on another Fed expansion announcement early this week.

ETA: He has also expounded lately on a future expansion move to Beaumont, TX and a return to Danville. The proof is in the eye of the beholder.
Meh. I don't even have my own direct sources and I've been hearing Monroe and Beaumont for months now. I'm not saying he's not tied in but it's not something that developed all of a sudden.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Meh. I don't even have my own direct sources and I've been hearing Monroe and Beaumont for months now. I'm not saying he's not tied in but it's not something that developed all of a sudden.
You're just jealous because he posts such slickly produced video blogs about some of the hottest sports stories affecting millions of discerning social media viewers.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Hello coaches, goodbye Poughkeepsie ...
HUDSON VALLEY VENOM NAMES COACH & ARENA FOR THE 2024-25 SEASON

June 4, 2024
by FPHL Media

... Josh Newberg has been named as Head Coach for the Venom. Newberg lives in Cranford, NJ. He has played five years of Junior A and seven years professional hockey. He most notably had a 70-point season playing for the Binghamton Black Bears in the 2021-22 season and was Player/Assistant Coach for the Mentor Ice Breakers of the FPHL during the end of the 2019-20 season. Josh has been in player development for almost 10 years and has his Strength and Conditioning Certification. ...

Also, announced was the final decision on where the Venom will be playing its Inaugural season starting this October. The IceTime Sports Complex, a two-rink facility directly off Interstate 84 near the junction of the NYS Thruway in Orange County will host the Venom. The owners of the facility, who also own the McCann Ice Arena in Poughkeepsie where the Vipers play, will lead a construction project through the summer building locker rooms and needed amenities for the Venom while also expanding seating capacity. ...

Read more at: News: Venom Name Coaching Staff & Arena - Hudson Valley Venom

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
MISSISSIPPI HIRES FIRST SCOUT IN FORMER SEA WOLVES GOALTENDER

June 5, 2024
by Jonathan Kliment

The Mississippi Sea Wolves of the Federal Prospects Hockey League are proud to announce that they have hired former Sea Wolves Goaltender Jason Wolfe as the team’s first scout and he is set to begin with the 2024-2025 season.

Wolfe is the first Maryland born goaltender to play in the professional ranks. Jason graduated with honors from Merrimack College with degrees in Psychology and Business Administration. Upon finishing high school Jason played one year of Jr.A hockey in Canada, which was followed by four years of NCAA D1 hockey at Merrimack College in Massachusetts. During his collegiate career Jason began coaching some of the D.C. area’s goalies during his summer breaks from school. After graduation Jason immediately turned to the pro ranks by signing with the LA Kings affiliate the Reading Royals. In 2004-05 Wolfe tended net for the Sea Wolves where in 15 starts Jason compiled 889 minutes with a .908 save percentage earning 7 wins for the franchise. ...

When asked about how the opportunity came about Jason said “Joe (Pace) and I were teammates on a different team and when we spoke about a new challenge I saw it as an exciting opportunity. I’ve done Scouting in College and Juniors, but doing it in a league like the FPHL is unique. I have a good network and it will be a good challenge for me.”

With his ability to develop Jason will help give the Sea Wolves a leg up on the competition in a league that year in and year out continually seeks out new, young talent. With Wolfe already working with many talented young players his impact should be felt right out of the gate. ...

Read more at: News: Mississippi Hires First Scout in Former Sea Wolves Goaltender - Mississippi Sea Wolves

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Well, The Fed sneaked this announcement right by me ... 😯
DASHERS RELEASE NEW LOGO WITH HEAD COACH TESORIERO
June 7, 2024
by FPHL Media

Danville, IL - The Dashers are back in the Federal Prospects Hockey League! Friday June 17th new new Dashers skipper AJ Tesoriero released the organizations new logo to the public. The Dashers are owned by Barry Soskins who owned the original franchise the prior 10 years that the FPHL operated in Danville, IL. Diane Short will resume her duties as the President of the Dasher. ...

1717778414-full.png

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Hello coaches, goodbye Poughkeepsie ...
From looking at information online, the facility near Newburgh (Ice Time Sports Complex) appears to be even smaller seating capacity-wise than the building in Poughkeepsie that was originally planned to be used by the relocated Hudson Valley team. The "new" building is also in a rural, residential area rather than in a more developed part of the area. It is very close to Stewart International Airport however (though this doesn't really help a bus league).

Stated another way, it appears the "arena" is a rinky-dink dinky rink.

Reactions: NEPA Ice

NEPA Ice

Mar 17, 2022
From looking at information online, the facility near Newburgh (Ice Time Sports Complex) appears to be even smaller seating capacity-wise than the building in Poughkeepsie that was originally planned to be used by the relocated Hudson Valley team. The "new" building is also in a rural, residential area rather than in a more developed part of the area. It is very close to Stewart International Airport however (though this doesn't really help a bus league).

A repeat of the Berlin River Drivers???

GindyDraws

#HutchOut
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis

Any venue that doesn't offer seating charts is sketch for pro hockey.

Reactions: Francis10

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

I reckon the Venom owner didn't want to displace his newly crowned champion Vipers. And maybe he realized AFTER he bought the FPHL franchise that it wasn't such a good deal after all, so he negotiated an alternate arena deal that would reduce his costs. All speculative, but I'd say it was a plausible scenario.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Go west., young Fed ... 🚂
-------------------------------------------------
STORMONT VAIL EVENTS CENTER IN TOPEKA, KS TO HOST 4 FPHL NEUTRAL SITE GAMES

June 12, 2024

Four Neutral Site Hockey Games Coming to Stormont Vail Events Center in Collaboration with Federal Prospect(s) Hockey League

TOPEKA, Kansas (June 12, 2024) – Stormont Vail Events Center, in collaboration with the Federal Prospect Hockey League (FPHL), is thrilled to announce the arrival of four exhilarating neutral site hockey games set to take place in 2025. Hockey enthusiasts and sports fans alike can mark their calendars for an action-packed weekend on January 24-25, followed by another thrilling match up on January 31st-February 1st. ...

Ticketing details for the neutral site hockey games, along with team information and game times, will be released soon. Keep up to date via Facebook @topekahockey or Instagram & X @topekaprohockey ...

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Who'da thunk? :amazed:
--------------------------------------
FPHL ENTERS ITS 15TH SEASON
June 11, 2024

Binghamton, NY - The Federal Prospects Hockey League is proud to announce it will be entering its 15th season of operation. The league will be flying a 15th anniversary logo for this coming season.

1718083049-full.jpg

The new season will begin with the record number 14 teams in operation and many more new markets on the horizon. With the 4 new teams entering next season, the league will be holding its expansion draft in the near future which will be announced soon followed by a release of the full season schedule which is currently going through its finalization process.

Currently, all organizations are lined up in (temporary) divisions between northern and southern teams. However, these divisions are not yet official and there is still discussions to be had to verify any possible changes to the divisional alignments for next season. These decisions are set by the leagues Board Of Governors (team owners) of the FPHL. When the upcoming schedule is released, we hope to have a complete official alignment of all teams in their perspective divisions. ...

Read More at: News: FPHL Enters Its 15th Season - Federal Prospects Hockey League

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
THE HUDSON VALLEY BEARS SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

(Seriously this is a really REALLY bad idea).
If this guy has the cajones to own & operate a UHL/APHL/WGAFL team, he may have established the new template for future FPHL expansion franchise owners. :popcorn:

Reactions: sabremike

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I’m pretty sure they own both rinks and moved to Newburgh, in part, because of the proximity to I-84, which would benefit a bus league. I believe the plan is to get capacity to 1,600-2,000. I’m sure they’ll battle Watertown for the attendance bottom but it’s not as dire as it might seem

Reactions: JMCx4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad