2024-25 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
14. Wolves - last year I thought Wolves would be abominable and then they weren't, so let's put them here
O'Neill is a great manager; I can't see them getting relegated with him. And considering Neto's injury list, they have played more without him than with him and were able to stay up.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Give it a couple of weeks and the referees will have forgotten everything.
I think it's more likely that they'll shit their beds and go overboard on somethings. But I really do hope that handball ruling will stay, there's no sense in penalizing players for basically getting shot at from one meters or even closer or concentrating on marking their man and the ball coming from out nowhere and hitting their arm.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

What's all this common sense stuff all of a sudden? :eek2:

Stoppage time: If they do it in a normal way where they add in actual wasted time then it would be good.

Semi-Automated offside: I'm half expecting another delay to this after the international break

Extra Yellows: Prepared for this to be insanely inconsistent.

Cooling down time: Legitimately one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in professional sports. It's the professional version of "you guys are too wound up, spend some time apart" that I do with my 7 and 10 year old.

Non-deliberate handball yellow: Good.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Do Everton even stand a chance, with their ownership situation and everyone for sale?
They would've finished 12th last year without the points deduction, and their defense was 4th best in the league. Onana is a big loss but not a gamebreaking one. Unless they get another points deduction (not inconceivable) I'm not worried about them.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Cooling down time is stupid indeed.

They would've finished 12th last year without the points deduction, and their defense was 4th best in the league. Onana is a big loss but not a gamebreaking one. Unless they get another points deduction (not inconceivable) I'm not worried about them.
It's more their "all players are available for transfers " policy that worries. Of course a team employing Tarkowski won't go down.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Cooling down time is stupid indeed.

It's more their "all players are available for transfers " policy that worries. Of course a team employing Tarkowski won't go down.
It's mid-August and they've only lost Onana. If that changes, I'll re-assess.

But uh, if you think a team with Tarkowski won't go down, you should probably look into how he ended up at Everton in the first place

Reactions: luiginb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pineapple on a pizza is good. As are anchovies.
get-out-leave.gif

A quote every Man United fan wanted to hear/read.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
1. Arsenal
2. City
3. Liverpool
4. United
5. Spurs
6. Newcastle
7. Chelsea
8. Aston Villa
9. Crystal Palace