13-Palace
14-Bournemouth
15-Southampton
16-Everton
17-Brentford
18-Forest
19-Leicester
20-Ipswich

Edited Thursday before the season kicks off.....moving Brighton up a few spots.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

"The first season here I was a normal right-back. This right-back, I am a number nine or a number ten. it was difficult for me because it was a new system. Now it is top. I play inside, I play outside, it is very good. I love it.”

Reactions: Jack Straw

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
‘Two of the most injury prone players in the league form friendship bond over being crocked’

You could not have water boarded that that out of me

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I reserve the right to change things up before Friday, but here we go:

1-Arsenal
2-City
3-Spurs
4-Liverpool
5-Villa
6-ManU
7-Chelsea
8-Newcastle
9-Brighton
10-W. Ham
11-Fulham
12-Wolves
13-Palace
14-Bournemouth
15-Southampton
16-Everton
17-Brentford
18-Forest
19-Leicester
20-Ipswich
Do Arsenal compete in the club world cup this summer too? (who else in the EPL does the CWC?)
For that reason, and the euros, and virtually no summer downtime for going on two seasons if not more... City will be downright out of gas this season.
Unless teams want to park and let City have their way with them, City will be playing from behind and be more reluctant than they already are to let a match open up and risk exertion.

I expect them to be more boring than ever this season in conservation for a season lasting, what, 48 weeks?

If Arsenal don't win it this year.... heh... somethings wrong.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Question for the Liverpool contingent - who do you think starts in that 10 role? Elliott? Szoboszlai?

@Savant @JeffreyLFC
I personally think Slot will experiment a lot with the squad this year. If it's for the first few week I expect Szoboszlai to be prefered but both had very good spell under Slot so far, I went with Szobo because of his experience.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Probably Dom, but think there are plenty of times you’ll see both. Especially with Zubimendi staying in Sociedad

I personally think Slot will experiment a lot with the squad this year. If it's for the first few week I expect Szoboszlai to be prefered but both had very good spell under Slot so far, I went with Szobo because of his experience.
When I've seen Elliott he looked good, but I saw Szoboszlai started the last match, so figured it was worth the question. I think Elliott is probably better suited to that role, but you're right there will be a lot of mixing and matching with a new manager.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
When I've seen Elliott he looked good, but I saw Szoboszlai started the last match, so figured it was worth the question. I think Elliott is probably better suited to that role, but you're right there will be a lot of mixing and matching with a new manager.
Well if they don’t have a Zubimendi backup plan they are going to have to play both. The crazy thing is they are probably going to make Szoboszlai play deeper because they can’t bring a 6 in. They make Szoboszlai do the donkey work because he is their only Midfielder athletic enough to handle it, but it ignores that he is one of the best shots on the squad. It’s all very silly

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I reserve the right to change things up before Friday, but here we go:

1-Arsenal
2-City
3-Spurs
4-Liverpool
5-Villa
6-ManU
7-Chelsea
8-Newcastle
9-Brighton
10-W. Ham
11-Fulham
12-Wolves
13-Palace
14-Bournemouth
15-Southampton
16-Everton
17-Brentford
18-Forest
19-Leicester
20-Ipswich
My predictions

1. Arsenal (They should win if injuries or a lack of a prominent #9 do not get in their way)
2. Man City (I think they could fall further down, but the rest of the main six have their own issues)
3. LFC (The core is still in its prime, but an inferior coach could lead to a greater gap)
4. West Ham United (Updated the manager and updated the squad to be this year's Villians)
5. Newcastle (An injury-plagued season can't come in back-to-back seasons, right?)
6. Man United (Good improvement in buys, but still with the Titanic Captain at the helm)
7. Aston Villa (Lost loads of talent and replaced them with inferior players, taking a step back)
8. Spurs (Their gimmick tactics will be further abused by opposing managers)
9. Bournemouth (Brilliant manager who will be able to overcome the loss of Solanke)
10. Chelsea (Trainwreck still continues with no sense of identity; Osimhen could fix a lot of holes)
11. Crystal Palace (Another brilliant manager who can do only so much; losing Olise hurts a lot)
12. Brentford (Frank is still there and gets a non-Ocean's Eleven Tony back for the entire year)
13. Fulham (Going to be an up-and-down season - better goalscoring, but more defensive lapses)
14. Brighton (Could surprise me, but without RdZ, they fall back to where they originally belong)
15. Everton (Showed many signs of life for the first time last season in a million years)
16. Wolves (Even with losing Neto, definitely have the talent to overcome the relegation battle)
17. Southampton (I like their window and should do enough to make it, but it will be close)
18. Nottingham Forest (Many awful buys from Cooper will plague them by underachieving)
19. Leicester City (Selling players to rival EPL teams is always a destination for relegation)
20. Ipswitch Town (I want them to stay up, but sadly I think they are too far behind)

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Apparently TalkSport were at Bodymoor Heath in the morning and had all of Monchi, Damian Vidagany & Unai Emery on. Will have to take a minute to listen

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Last year Wee Baby Seamus did a terrible job on his predictions! Let's see if they're as bad this year!

1. City - sigh, until proven otherwise
2. Arsenal - at some point they will experience a major injury and we'll see what happens, but they're the real deal
3. Newcastle - kept the band together. I don't think they can be as much of a sieve defensively as they were last year, which was a shocking switch from being the best defense in the league the year before.
4. Spurs - good team! will they tighten up on set pieces? who knows.
5. Liverpool - it's hard to lose a club defining manager, and it's hard when your core is aging and you make no transfers. does their midfield give me cause for concern? absolutely. were there points last season where it looked like robertson and salah were a little cooked? also yes. is darwin scoring 20 this year? sure why not.
6. Chelsea - who! the f***! knows! last year we were a sieve and scored a bunch, and we spent infinity money on attacking signings. couple that with Maresca appearing to be an ideologue who wants his players to fit his system rather than vice versa (a luxury you cannot afford at most clubs, and especially cannot afford at Chelsea), and the potential of this side to improve on last year feels minimal. it's a shame, if poch had stayed i think we'd come 3rd this year.
7. Villa - it's not easy playing high level matches in Europe on the regular. they diminished badly down the stretch last season (3-3-4 in their last eleven) when their Conference League matches got tougher.
8. Crystal Palace - Olise a big loss, but they kept Mateta, kept Eze, kept Wharton. So far they still have Guehi and Andersen. Glasner is an excellent coach, but 8th is the ceiling of what these guys can do.
9. Manchester United - i just simply do not think this is a very good team
10. West Ham United - excellent summer business, but a manager i do not rate at all.
11. Fulham - after their bounces in the Championship, it's nice to see Fulham where god intended them, eleventh position.
12. Brighton - a very ambitious managerial hire on a club that flattered to deceive last season. i think they have a tough task
13. Everton - can't score but have one of the best defenses in the league. they'll be fine. would've survived comfortably last year if not for the points deduction.
14. Wolves - last year I thought Wolves would be abominable and then they weren't, so let's put them here
15. Bournemouth - Solanke is a huge huge huge loss. Iraola is amazing, but I think they struggle for goals without Dom.
16. Brentford - yeah seems about right. idk, they were really bad last year but this just feels correct
17. Southampton - kept the group that got promoted, kept the manager that got promoted. they'll scrape by, but it's just nice to have them back
18. Leicester - points deduction doing no favours, but I think they'll have a hard time
19. Ipswich - didn't enjoy typing this
20. Nottingham Forest - feels weird putting them here, because I don't really think they're the worst team in the league, but I can't think of who i'd put beneath them

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $707.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $325.00