2024-25 EPL Season

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

BARCLAYS.

What an event this will be when it finally happens. They could send an entire team around the world for a season, taking in every major city.
The ticket prices would be insane, when Arsenal played against the Colorado Rapids for a preseason friendly the tickets were between 90 to 300 US dollars. The match a couple of days ago between Arsenal and Bournemouth at LA Galaxy Stadium, the tickets were just as crazy and that is to watch a bunch of children out there.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The ticket prices would be insane, when Arsenal played against the Colorado Rapids for a preseason friendly the tickets were between 90 to 300 US dollars. The match a couple of days ago between Arsenal and Bournemouth at LA Galaxy Stadium, the tickets were just as crazy and that is to watch a bunch of children out there.
Yeah and people will pay it because America has enough people used to paying heinous amounts for live sport and it'll be worth it and it'll be a great success and... well, there it is.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No one that I know that lives in America, including myself have asked for this. Or even wants it.

Do like Carabao Cup final here or something if you are desperate for a competitive game abroad. Doing a league game is nothing but a financial grab, but I guess nothing else matters nowadays

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
No one that I know that lives in America, including myself have asked for this. Or even wants it.

Do like Carabao Cup final here or something if you are desperate for a competitive game abroad. Doing a league game is nothing but a financial grab, but I guess nothing else matters nowadays
Having a cup final abroad is much worse.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Having a cup final abroad is much worse.
You know I don’t agree.

In a season where everyone literally plays each other once home and once away, it’s is such a significant disadvantage to sacrifice one of those games; especially considering its not like going to be bringing over two middle table teams. They aren’t going to be able to sell like Burnley vs Luton.

With the cup final, at least there’s two. Wembley keeps the FA Cup. League Cup has been played in Wales before so it’s not exactly unprecedented. But if it’s a cup final at least it’s meaningful. I mean if there was like a “Game 39” or something (which I also hate the idea of) maybe that would make sense if they are hell bent on having a competitive game there, but again I don’t think there’s a fair way unless they create a game that doesn’t exist yet

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I went to the Liverpool / Real Betis preseason game yesterday in Pittsburgh, tickets in the upper level of Acrisure stadium were about $105 ($75 for ticket and the rest was fees for ticketmaster) It would be great to see a game where the team played more of it's regulars, but I understand the deal and knew what I was getting into, and the Euros and Copa America also played into a lot of the missing guys. Still was a good time though so I'm still really not complaining too much

• Wow
Reactions: luiginb

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You know I don’t agree.

In a season where everyone literally plays each other once home and once away, it’s is such a significant disadvantage to sacrifice one of those games; especially considering its not like going to be bringing over two middle table teams. They aren’t going to be able to sell like Burnley vs Luton.

With the cup final, at least there’s two. Wembley keeps the FA Cup. League Cup has been played in Wales before so it’s not exactly unprecedented. But if it’s a cup final at least it’s meaningful. I mean if there was like a “Game 39” or something (which I also hate the idea of) maybe that would make sense if they are hell bent on having a competitive game there, but again I don’t think there’s a fair way unless they create a game that doesn’t exist yet
And what happens when a lower league team makes it to a final? A literal once in a lifetime occasion for a club and community that 99% of their fans are excluded from because some rich people wanted it played abroad.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And what happens when a lower league team makes it to a final? A literal once in a lifetime occasion for a club and community that 99% of their fans are excluded from because some rich people wanted it played abroad.
I’m on your side, but whoever is making the decision to put a game abroad is not thinking of the lower level teams and their fans.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I’m on your side, but whoever is making the decision to put a game abroad is not thinking of the lower level teams and their fans.
Hopefully if something like that did happen more fans might realise the game at the top level is leaving them and turn their attention to actual local teams. I do think it'll happen sooner rather than later and no amount of fan pressure/reaction is going to stop it, so it'll be interesting to see how that gets resolved.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hopefully if something like that did happen more fans might realise the game at the top level is leaving them and turn their attention to actual local teams. I do think it'll happen sooner rather than later and no amount of fan pressure/reaction is going to stop it, so it'll be interesting to see how that gets resolved.
I think (unfortunately) that they just keep following the money

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lets be honest, how many fans does a club like Forest Green have in America? Some teams are just destined to be smaller clubs and that's okay. I don't think SPHL teams care that the Tampa Bay Lightning played in Stockholm.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

This is this guys 1st video from last month and it's amazingly good considering it's his first go. He's done 3 others since and I hope gets enough followers to keep it going.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Looks like Enzo’s arrival to Chelsea has split the locker room in half. If the coach can’t mend them together they really need to cut Enzo loose for their sake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad