2024-25 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Kevin Campbell is apparently very sick. A lot of ex Arsenal and Everton players wishing him well on social media.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Reports that the FA want to ban Paquetá for life over the gambling allegations

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I am so done with this league
I can’t read the article behind the paywall, but this strikes me as a litigious stall tactic. The charges are getting closer to being adjudicated, so they launch a bunch of frivolous lawsuits to tie it up in court for years.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I can’t read the article behind the paywall, but this strikes me as a litigious stall tactic. The charges are getting closer to being adjudicated, so they launch a bunch of frivolous lawsuits to tie it up in court for years.
Honestly just let the super league happen at this point.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Honestly just let the super league happen at this point.
It’s going to happen in some form. Not the disastrous one we saw last time but it’ll happen. Thankfully I’ll be an old timer and probably not care about a young man’s game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s going to happen in some form. Not the disastrous one we saw last time but it’ll happen. Thankfully I’ll be an old timer and probably not care about a young man’s game.
I’m not even against the idea of it any more, but it shouldn’t be based on the most popular teams, it should just be the teams that want unchecked spending and/or sportswashing.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
ovrjgfeclk4d1.png

See who wins the Olise sweepstakes. Though I hope Palace holds on.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Sessegnon was one of those names I thought was going to be something
feel bad for the guy. he struggled when fulham were promoted in 2018 (as i recall, he was pretty physically weak and once he no longer had the enormous skill gap which he had in the championship that became more exposed), but he was clearly still a very good prospect when he moved to Spurs.

he's had a tough go of it. he played 7 senior minutes this season - was out til january following offseason surgery, and then did his hamstring 7 minutes into a substitute appearance in the FA cup. came back with the u21s six weeks later, and re-did it after 37 minutes.

conte liked him well enough in the lwb slot that he started the last six in 21-22 and 8 of the first 15 matches in 22-23. then he became more of a bench option. and then he was hurt again.

his first season there he was either not in the squad or stapled to the bench from january onward.

the hamstring problems appear to have been the main issue here. i wonder who takes a waiver on him for free. there might be a player there to still be unlocked - luke shaw had 4 pretty disastrous seasons (both in terms of play and in terms of bad injury) at United before eventually coming good on his soton potential

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I feel bad for both Sessegnon and Tanganga. Sessegnon because of the injuries, and Tanganga because he didn't get any developing loans earlier.

He'll always have this monster of a performance in his luggage:

Reactions: Jack Straw

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Fix VAR. It has SOME uses, but it shouldn't be relied on to make a decision instead of the on field ref. Rugby has it pretty much figured out (although the new tackle height issue is a problem) so look to rugby as an influence, at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad