Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

Oct 18, 2011
Solberg is a healthy scratch again in tonight's game for Färjestad, second time in a week. First time the coach called it a suspension for disciplinary reasons.

This isn't good. Maybe the Ducks should bring him home, I think the AHL would be a better league for a physical player like him.
I understand they coach what's best for team but yeah if they're going to try and suck the bite out of his game hez gotta go

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I understand they coach what's best for team but yeah if they're going to try and suck the bite out of his game hez gotta go

Or the coaching is trying to rein in going over the line. We've all noticed how Solberg would play that he would get called for a penalty in the NHL for interference on players who aren't near the puck with his devastating reverse check with his back. We all love big, legal hits. What we don't like is going over that line and doing it often. And since Solberg is a d-man, then him being in the sin bin means he's not out there PK'ing and putting the team in a worse situation. Solberg is more important playing on the ice than 2 minutes or more in the penalty box.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Yeah, it sounds like this started after they played that Norwegian team. Solberg delivered a big hit, it was clean and legal, but as the guy tried to get up he cross-checked him in the back. That's a no no, 2 mins and the coach wasn't happy.

But there's a story behind this, before the game Solberg told the media he hates that team. Storhamar's fans, some 3,000 of them in the building yelled "Stian sucks". He admits they pissed him off and he crossed the line a couple of times. But now it looks like Färjestad's coach is afraid to play him, hopefully they'll sort it out.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leading his team now in PPG. Is he still a bust?
The problem is hes always going to be compared to Demidov (even tho i dont think demidov was realistically ever an option for us).... and Demidov is lookin really good.

That being said i think Demidov is closer to his ceiling.... where i think sennecke could really blow up at any point, and has a ton more space to develop/grow as a player.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad