Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Solberg is a healthy scratch again in tonight's game for Färjestad, second time in a week. First time the coach called it a suspension for disciplinary reasons.

This isn't good. Maybe the Ducks should bring him home, I think the AHL would be a better league for a physical player like him.

Reactions: ScarTroy and Static

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Solberg is a healthy scratch again in tonight's game for Färjestad, second time in a week. First time the coach called it a suspension for disciplinary reasons.

This isn't good. Maybe the Ducks should bring him home, I think the AHL would be a better league for a physical player like him.
I wonder if that is even contractually possible until next year.

Neither Solberg or Clara are thriving at Farjestad this year so far.

For that matter, Peterson seems to be struggling as well on various Swedish teams.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

The coaches are disciplining him for on-ice stuff, or off-ice? Labeling it "disciplinary" is odd if they are mad about on-ice activity.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The coaches are disciplining him for on-ice stuff, or off-ice? Labeling it "disciplinary" is odd if they are mad about on-ice activity.
I haven't heard anything about any off-ice issues, but he's been taking some penalties lately for being too aggressive (stuff that would be acceptable in NA), I guess the coach is worried about this.

In fact Solberg's teammates love him, saying he's a great locker room guy and they're having fun in there every day thanks to him. The video below is a couple of days old, kind of confirms this, even if you don't understand the language.

I wonder if that is even contractually possible until next year.
He's only on loan to Färjestad, his contract there settles his salary and has this clause that he can leave for the NHL/AHL. I believe the Ducks can pull him out at any time.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Färjestad lost on the road to Skellefteå 4-6. Clara played, obviously not his best game.

I just heard, when it comes to Solberg, said before the game he'll look for a big hit on his buddy Michael Brandsegg-Nygård, another physical Norwegian who's a 1st round pick by Detroit, now plays for Skellefteå. MBN said if Solberg even thinks about it he'll fight him for sure. Färjestad's coach didn't want a Viking battle out there...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad